CrossFit is So Awesome - LOL

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Erik, Dec 2, 2011.

1. 2009public

2009public Member

Wow Tiana,
    I just checked out your blog. very honest and straightforward. thanks!

2. aknavy

aknavy New Member

After looking into what a "continental lift" is, this video is another example of what's wrong with crossfit - too much weight, poor form, and poor coaching. It actually hurts to watch....how about learning how to do a lift before putting weight on the bar? These are young people who's life is going to be forever altered by injury if they keep this up.

3. Tianagonzalez

Tianagonzalez NEVER GIVE UP!!

Thank you for checking it out... I really appreciate it. I do everything from the heart and want to share my experiences, both good and not so good with people...

I'm glad it spoke to you.... :)

4. shimmeringpearl

shimmeringpearl Member

I am more concerned with them dropping the weights! That is a lot to land on your head or foot if you lose control....which it looks like they have little of as is.

5. gymbummers

gymbummers New Member

I thought the video was supposed to be a joke...until I realized it wasn't!!! Sad...

6. Miss Lily

Miss Lily Member

I don't get why they wouldn't drop the weight and work on proper form? There are a number of issues with alignment in all the people in the videos......ankles, knees, thoracic spine......ack! I could barely watch this without covering my eyes.....OW!

7. Buck

Buck New Member

Lawsuit just waiting to happen!

8. samijo

samijo New Member

This video has got to be a joke. There is no way people actually try to lift like this.

I've been to a few crossfit classes at the gym here, and what we do is nothing like this. The trainers are great about making sure you have proper form and technique..

I seriously think this video is a joke. At least, I really hope so!

9. Candida

Candida New Member

OMG. That's insane in a really stupid way!!!

10. RAPLUMB

RAPLUMB New Member

The video caused me physical pain watching it....

11. mrstrone

mrstrone New Member

I think that the way they do pull-ups is a joke...

12. lesnicreg

lesnicreg New Member

I'm so glad that when I did crossfit, form was the highest priority. This is awful!

13. random

random New Member

This is a personal injury attorney's dream gym.

14. donia

donia New Member

LMAO! Crossfit - dislike!

15. Marilyn

Marilyn Member

:eek:mg: That looked painful. I had a crossfit guy as my trainer. He was good on form and it was really important to him that we did it right. He was just a little too much for me though. Sometimes I felt like I was on The Biggest Loser. I kind of think that is what they think people want. Not me.

16. Umeet

Umeet New Member

I so totally agree. I have seen many CF videos and my co-worked has been in one CF "club" and nothing like that happens there.
    If you check u-tube reebok CF olympics you know then that it's legimit stuff. No nonsense.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  17. Umeet

Umeet New Member

They all dont do that swing thing... Check Mikko Salo (Finnish guy) does pull-ups good old style and still he was 2009 CF olympics champion.
    You should check this out. It's little long but shows little something into our Finns mentality:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoVF_iwqehE

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  18. Leifer

Leifer New Member

NICE, you got it!! LOL
    :chairshot:

19. Leifer

Leifer New Member

I KNOW IT SERIOUSLY LOOKED LIKE IT!!

20. Kristina

Kristina Member

I have and do crossfit and I know most people on here hate it but I just have to say NOT all gyms are like this..Our trainers would never in a million years allow that..All areas of fitness have the good, bad and ugly when it comes to training..There are also those like this group and Erik who excel in what they teach and train....Just sayin