Creatine

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by Jypsie, May 1, 2006.

1. Jypsie

Jypsie Well-Known Member

I tried searching through the stickies, but got nothing... :p

Simple question.
    I take creatine with my PWO shake. Should I also be using it on days that I don't train? Do I need to keep steady levels of it in my body in order for it to be effective?

2. Christine_99

Christine_99 Well-Known Member

Good question. I am taking it PWO as well, but on days I do not train I am taking it when I have a protein shake (I have protein shakes on days I do not work out). I am not sure I am correct in doing so, but I believe you need to take it regularly to keep steady levels in the muscle :D

3. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

When I am taking creatine, I do take it on days that I do not train as well.

4. collegegirl

collegegirl Member

Don't you have to take creartine mixed with a sugar such as apple juice? I heard it absorbs better.

5. Pandora

It does absorb better, but you do not have to. In my opinion in makes no noticeable difference. When I take it I just put it in my PWO protein drink. I'm not adding sugars to my already planned nutrition.

6. collegegirl

collegegirl Member

Good, cause if I start taking it, I don't want to be adding un needed calories. Also, is it ok to use when trying to lose a little fat? I mean, will it work?

7. Pandora

All creatine does is help you gain strength. If you are taking it during fat loss you will retain your strength mostly likely (and maybe gain some).

That's all it does, in a nutshell.

8. collegegirl

collegegirl Member

If I didn't take creatine while on a calorie defecit, would I lose some strength? I would really like to gain strength.

9. strongchick

strongchick Well-Known Member

You will at least maintain it, provided your workout is appropriate.