Creatine & Ephedrine?

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by tamlvscarl, Jan 29, 2007.

1. tamlvscarl

tamlvscarl Member

Someone was telling me that taking creatine and ephedrine at the same time is a waste cuz the creatine kinda pumps u up and should be taken when you are bulking (or just not trying to lean out) rather than trying to lean out. Do they offset the effects of each other if taken at the same time?

2. Strive2Define

Strive2Define Banned

Number one...ephedrine does not LEAN YOU OUT...diet does that..I think it acts as an anoretic and gives you energy.Creatine..holds water in the muscle fibers from what I understand and makes you look fuller...I'm not sure if they would counteract or not.I wouldn't think so.

3. Christine_99

Christine_99 Well-Known Member

I agree totally with Strive here. You can take both. They do totally different things and they don't cancel each other out.

4. tamlvscarl

tamlvscarl Member

I didn't say ephedrine leans you out--I said you usually take it when you are trying to lean out which obviously means you are dieting. So if creatine does make you look fuller, wouldn't it make it harder for your abs to come out and whatnot?

5. absolut_blonde

absolut_blonde Procrastinatrix

I thought that creatine can actually be useful when dieting as it might help you maintain strength a little more? Though, maybe not the best idea if you're dieting for a comp, just if you were dieting for your own purposes.

6. Strive2Define

Strive2Define Banned

I wouldn't think so because if anything it would make the muscles look fuller..including your abs..they are muscles...I would also think that if it did help with strength, that it might helps a bit while dieting to help enable you to lift as heavy as possible in order to try and maintain muscle mass.

7. tamlvscarl

tamlvscarl Member

Good points--tx! I was gonna stop taking the creatine cuz I felt like I started looking bloated but I won't if it's actually helping my abs come out and the rest all come out and keep my strength.

8. Strive2Define

Strive2Define Banned

I know a while back I took the monohydrate and it did bloat me..very badly so I stopped it.I have heard this from others as well.I have been told that the ethyl ester doesn't have this effect.