Counting Your Blessings/Good Fortune/Luck :)

Discussion in 'Mindless Banter' started by IDoYouToo, Apr 30, 2015.

1. IDoYouToo

IDoYouToo Well-Known Member

Today i am grateful for Skype and being able to see and TOTALLY enjoy my daughter and grand babies last night, i may not have been able to reach through the screen and just scrunch my oldest granddaughter, or her little sisters, up and love on her and smother her to death but being able to be that close and see her and enjoy her and her mama.................total wonderfulness!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. IDoYouToo

I am grateful for wonderful memories, you know the kind that when they come to mind you can feel them with every fiber of your being.............................. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

For Technology/Google talk. Our 2nd and 3rd sons calling from their cruise via google when at port.
    I miss them!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

I was able to hear my new little grandson's heartbeat today!!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

Do you know the hymn, "Precious Memories"? LOOVE IT.

• Like Like x 1
  6. csworen

csworen Well-Known Member

That is so AWESOME! :D

7. csworen

Today, I am grateful for coffee!!!! Very very grateful :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. IDoYouToo

Today I am grateful for the humor that is in mine and my husbands marriage/relationship........it is light, airy, extremely funny at times (to tears even), spontaneous, encouraging, refreshing and wonderful. :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. csworen

I am grateful for the support of you all, my family, and friends. Oh...and my awesome vet :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. IDoYouToo

Today I am grateful to work for such a wonderful employer, they have supported me as a single mom, and now as an empty nester, hard to believe that 24 years has flown by but i am truly blessed to work where i do. :)

11. csworen

I am forever grateful for my amazing, self less parents. I would love to say, "I am just like my mom/dad." <3

• Like Like x 1
  12. IDoYouToo

I am grateful for all the rain we have been getting, it's making the grass green and keeping the temperatures down.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

I am thankful for my husband. He is so supportive, and I am incredibly thankful to have him as my partner in this crazy life.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Inatic

whew! hubby purchased and installed our new water heater. Thankful he can and could!

• Like Like x 3
  15. IDoYouToo

I am grateful for the laughter that my husband brings out of me.......sometimes I laugh so hard I can barely breath...... <3 love it/him

• Like Like x 2
  16. IDoYouToo

Today I am grateful for 2nd, 3rd and sometimes even 20th second chances, a man who loves me (extra weight and all) and the realization that I still have the capability to make change.......................................... Thank the good Lord!!!! :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. IDoYouToo

Today I am grateful to have the ability/finances i have to work, play and everything in between.

• Like Like x 1
  18. csworen

I had a great day and reflected on it. I am so lucky to have my parents. My father and I prepped my kitchen for my new appliances coming tomorrow. We moved my old fridge to the basement... Its nice having muscles! :) my mom tore my old wallpaper down, just BC. My dad fixed NY lawnmower too. In the end, they found and bought me a bench for my front porch. Just BC they knew I was looking and wanted to help. I don't know how I got so blessed!

Then I started thinking...I have everything I have BC of them. Not for what they physically gave me, but for the values they instilled in me. I am independent, take care of myself and bills (which wasn't always the case but I'm divorced and had no choice ), own a home, have an amazing education and career at 36, learned to enjoy the long-term goals rather than short term pleasures.... Etc. I could go on and on. Anyway, thought this was a great place to purge my gratefulness :)

Thanks for listening...or reading....lol

• Like Like x 2
  19. Inatic

one of our older boys was home for a whole weekend to veg. through the whole weekend we got to spend it with all 5 of our sons.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

We survived! There were horrible storms in Texas over the weekend. Yesterday there were tornadoes around us and my husband stayed with me at our cabin in central Texas until things calmed down. Then he drove to our house in Houston and apparently caught up with the storm and drove in it all the way home. This morning, Houston is having major flooding and his office is opening at noon today, to allow everyone to stay off the road until the flood waters have a chance to recede. We have been in a drought for several years, many of our lakes were low, and now everything is full again! Yes, there was lots of damage done, but this is just about the good parts.