Counting Your Blessings/Good Fortune/Luck :)

Discussion in 'Mindless Banter' started by IDoYouToo, Apr 30, 2015.

1. IDoYouToo

IDoYouToo Well-Known Member

So i am sitting at my desk taking it all in and mulling it all over and i start to think about my blessings, or good fortune or luck, as some would say :) and i thought "you know why not start a thread, if we can think about or focus on our blessings/luck/fortune maybe it will give us that little bit of umph we need to get out of the rut we may be, take the edge off of the struggle(s) we may currently be having or give us a fresh new perspective on this whole thing we call a plan and new lifestyle..........so............I am starting this thread, i hope you all will share, be encouraged and find your smile.

Cheers!

"Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves for we shall never cease to be amused." Author Unknown

p.s.
    If we could keep this spot for just Blessings/Good Fortune/Luck that would be great that way it doesn't muddy the waters with anything other than encouragement and a smile. :)
    If you are needing something more, please jump over to The New Support/ Compliance/ Challenge Thread - All welcome and find everything you may be looking for if you are struggling, need a boost up, or just want to vent.

2. IDoYouToo

OK i started it so i am first.

Today what makes me smile and I feel blessed for is my ability to move and have movement - my SIL passed away last year from ALS and i know she wanted nothing more, than to be able to get up and MOVE, my BIL gave me a brand new pair of her hiking boots, only worn once they had such great intentions of exploring the mountains and valleys where they lived after becoming emptynesters, i have them on today and thought "hmmm I CAN MOVE, this is for you SIL" and so i walked out to my car and back into my office - might sound trivial but my SIL couldn't even lift her hands, that little walk was for her......she is smiling :)

3. csworen

csworen Well-Known Member

Well...in the past 3 years, I have said good bye to many classmates (around 10) for various reasons...mostly cancer and suicide. I am going to be 36 years old in a week. I should not be burrying my classmates. Several more, I lost count, were diagnosed with some form of cancer over these years. Some think there is something in my area. Three females that I graduated with are in ongoing chemo as we speak for breast cancer. Another...brain cancer.

I am grateful to wake up everyday...I am grateful for my health....my family and friends....just being alive! :)

4. IDoYouToo

I spent 12 years alone as a single mom raising my 2 babies, those were some very wonderful years of my life, then 6 years ago God orchestrated something and a man in my church and I (I had known him sort of for many many years, in fact I had made a judgement call against him (i know i know not right but i did) 16 years ago and that judgement call kept me from ever getting to know him) started chatting at the coffee pot one Sunday, i was looking for companionship not a boyfriend and certainly not a husband.....chatting lead to friendship and then one day he asked me to be his friend for life, that will be 7 years ago this December and I am constantly amazed at how happy i knew i was.....but how truly complete i am today because of him.

So grateful for my man, he is my friend, companion, copart in crime, lover and husband. XOXO :)

5. IDoYouToo

Today I am grateful for my husband's graciousness.

6. OneMadMonkey

OneMadMonkey Well-Known Member

I like this idea. I used to keep a gratitude journal. I faithfully wrote in it every night for 3 years. Then I got busy and forgot.

• Like Like x 1
  7. IDoYouToo

This morning i am grateful for the enjoyment i get out of such a simple pleasure as being able to take something old and make it look new - took an old metal John Deere windmill we have (it stands about 3 feet tall) and some spray paint and waala, it looks brand new - kinda went wild with the paint, painted some metal flowers we have and the metal turtle got a new coat of paint as well. It was a great weekend!!!! :)

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  8. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

At the wedding yesterday, I was grateful and thankful for all our our family to have been there celebrating. We're quite the crowd.

• Like Like x 1
  9. csworen

Today I am grateful for my puppies and the sunshine!!!!! Love this time of year :)

10. IDoYouToo

I am grateful for Taco Time tacos and the memory they hold for me (lunch with my MIL - priceless).

11. OneMadMonkey

OneMadMonkey Well-Known Member

I remember Taco Time from when I lived in WA state for a few years as a child. There was one right behind my apt complex. I would save all my change and sneak over there whenever my mom wasn't in town (because my mom monitored everything I ate). I would buy 2 of them and and a choco taco. Best days ever!!! Way better than Taco Bell ever was.

• Like Like x 1
  12. IDoYouToo

I 100% agree with you on Taco Time versus Taco Bell.......hands down Taco Time :)
    When my husband and i were just hanging out being friends, and i was NOT about to rock my single mom boat, my MIL would come from CA to visit every now and then and we started going to lunch at least once each time she came, she and i love tacos so Taco Time it was....................i still remember the day we went to lunch and she bold faced looked me in the eye and said "you love my son don't you" and i was like O_O uhhhh we are just friends, he is such a great guy (i was having the hardest time admitting it to myself, i hadn't admitted it to him - he hadn't admitted it to me yet - and i wasn't about to admit it to her). We ate there last night and it was emotional to think of my time there with her when she was so much healthier and had her faculties about her i laughed and cried when i told my husband "eating tacos here reminds me of your mom." It was a good night.

• Like Like x 1
  13. csworen

Great story...I never had Taco Time, just not here in NEPA. But....tacos sound so gooooood!!!! LOL

14. IDoYouToo

Today I am grateful for my sight, my husband bought me a camera for Christmas, i haul it around with me most every day, i want to learn how to use it and you just never know when that one great shot is going to show up, last night the sky was amazing with the cloud formations, i couldn't get the picture on the camera to turn out the way my eyes were seeing it, on the drive home (I had a get together with friends 30 minutes away in another town) i was thinking of a clip i had heard on a radio program some years ago, the man was saying if you were to create a computer that would function the same way the human eye does (the way the human eye sees something then sends signals to the brain and the brain processes what the eye sees to send it back to the eye as a picture) the computer would be so huge it would take up - he gave a diameter i think it was something like the size of a super Walmart building - i am sure it wasn't that but i am trying to get the point across, anyways the size of the computer and the building to house it would be truly enormous - and i am reminded that my (eyes)/body is an amazing machine.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about this weekend as it will be my first Mother's Day since my mother passed away. I'm so thankful that I had such a good mother. She would be the first to admit that she wasn't perfect, but she did the best she could with the tools she had. l have learned that we can love each other despite our imperfections, and that I don't have to be perfect to be loved.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  16. csworen

Very grateful that today is my Friday :) I turn 36 tomorrow and I have my health, friends, and amazing family. I have a 4 day weekend, and I get to spend it with my favorites!!! YAY

• Like Like x 2
  17. IDoYouToo

I am grateful for my how my daughters life is today, she had a rough go getting pregnant at 15 -my granddaughters father, who is now my SIL, was scared and uncertain, who wouldn't be at just graduating and turning 19, and moved away for a year - this past Tue they celebrated their 3rd wedding anniversary, i have a wonderful SIL who loves his family (1 wife, 3 daughters and 2 dogs) very very much......i am truly blessed!!!

• Like Like x 3
  18. IDoYouToo

IMAG1675.jpg Today I am grateful for my coach who is calling me out on my MIA status and for waking up to this view at my parents cabin, I love the snow.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Since its Mother's Day, I'm grateful for the birth and lives of my/our 5 sons, two grandson and momma; who took me in and adopted me when I was 15.

Happy Mother's Day.

• Like Like x 2
  20. IDoYouToo

I too am grateful for my mother and my 7 children, by birth and marriage. :)