Counting Macros

Discussion in 'Beginner Training & Nutrition' started by Cindy Blasi, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Cindy Blasi

Cindy Blasi New Member

I recently began counting Macros with the goal of loosing weight. I am 40 years old, 5'4' weight, and weigh 144 pounds. I eat clean and healthy. Really trying the 80/20 rule. I have been doing it for a month now and now know I had not been eating enough calories for about 3 months prior to my start with counting macros.
    When I started doing macros, my calorie intake was 1600 which was a huge increase for me, so it was recommended to move to 1500. I have been at 1500 for 3 weeks now. My protein macro is 140. I exercise 5 days a week doing strength and cardio. I usually run for cardio or do a HIIT workout.
    However, I have not lost any weight and am wondering what my next steps need to be. I have been told I need to wait longer to see results, and am wondering if this is correct. All my lab work comes back good and I do not take any medications.
    Also, I eat 1500 a day no matter what I do for exercising and am wondering if this is also correct.
    Any assistance would be great.

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Hi Cindy.

How many calories were you eating prior to count macros?

3. Cindy Blasi

Cindy Blasi New Member

Probably around 1200-1300

4. Inatic

Have you gained any wt?

5. Cindy Blasi

Cindy Blasi New Member

Yes actually about 3 lbs. I am lifting more (at home - hand weights), running , and hiit workouts. I have noticed more strength. Since tracking macros I have not had any sugar/salt cravings and noticed having sustained energy throughout the day.

6. Inatic

When you stop gaining, increase again. You need to work your way up closer to maintenance then then try reducing for fat loss. Don't over due the exercise.
    Download the TOP TEN Fat LOSS PDF on the main site. Its free. Just put in your email addy. www.leanbodiesconsulting.com