Constructing a full body routine

Discussion in 'Training' started by Leah, May 1, 2006.

1. drama5

drama5 Member

Great thanks Inatic!! I'll start off and keep going until I feel a step up/change is required. perhaps an assessment after 5-6 weeks (would that be about right?)
    I just thought that some muscle groups may not be getting worked as hard as others, I guess in those different exercise movements there is activation of the secondary muscles in some fashion....
    Cheers!

2. drama5

drama5 Member

After the first 3 sessions I'm wondering if I should be doing more. Just doesn't feel like I'm doing enough. So i did some HIIT after the 3rd session :cena:. I'll keep it going though, I'll stay with it a month and re assess.

3. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

what do you mean 'more'

4. drama5

drama5 Member

Sorry Inatic, been flat out, Started a new career and have young family, oh, and quite demanding wife :-( lol.
    By 'more' meaning I seem to feel like i still have plenty of energy after the session even though I feel like I've worked as hard as I can. But about an hour later I feel like I've done a good session. I guess I'm expecting to be completely exhausted!

5. aglad

aglad New Member

If main goal currenly is fat loss (I know diet is main part) are full bodies effective to do each workout or should full body be incorporated into the week concentrating on specific muscle groups?

6. lterman

lterman New Member

phew! I finally finished reading this thread and I can't wait to start this routine come monday! :dumbbells:

7. Sdtul

Sdtul New Member

Starting this Monday :D

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  8. MelanieF

MelanieF Member

Really good information to get started. Thank youl

9. stephm2010

stephm2010 In Motion

Training does come secondary to diet with fat loss, your right :) so keep the diet tight. As far as training there are a million ways you can do it. Upper/Lower Split, Upper Day/Lower Day/Full Body Day, all Full Body Days. It's all good stuff :thumb:

10. jrh5f

jrh5f New Member

I see some of these post are quit old but they look informative. I am aware that fat loss depends on diet at least 70% and the rest is exercise and genes. I need to get the diet down. I will do really well at time but then break. Thats why I found this site. Thought maybe if I can make myself more accountable I will do better.

11. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

Wow! So much helpful information!! Thanks to all of you for your contributions!

12. Kiwi

Kiwi New Member

Great read :)

13. keyshape

keyshape New Member

Looking forward to starting this workout! Loving all the positive feedback (through the years!) I am starting to train for a half marathon and am hoping this will allow me the time on the off days to do some running (I know, I know, running is frowned upon, but this half marathon is more of a social event)! I am a firm believer in the 'less is more' policy I have learned on here.

14. 3sweeties

3sweeties Well-Known Member

I just got done reading Erik's 10 mistakes for fat loss and was wondering if the volume should be reduced in this plan when training in a calorie deficit?

15. cdnmom2girls

cdnmom2girls Member

I can tell you I'm in a deficit and my volume is considerably greater than this.

16. lindad0312

lindad0312 New Member

I was am hoping someone has advice for me. i've tried to do my own full body work out 2 days a week but am so excited to try this cuz i really dont know what i'm doing. I've been doing two full body and i do two one hour classes that are cardio based but use weights nothing super heavey i'll do 40 lbs for the whole class. its a minute of weights a min of cardio a min of weights you get how it goes and the other class is a lot of tabata and stuff like that. so my questions is should i do the three days weight and cut down on one of the classes. i dont naturally carry alot of muscle but am looking to lose 15 lbs too. and doing the extra day i know myself with a full time job starting my own business and a 5 year old with lots of activities. once in a while i'll throw a run in too. sorry so long , these threads are a life saver for me.

17. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

losing fat will be dictated by your diet.

I'd go with 3 full bodies and cut down on that class or even take it out.. See how that goes for 2-4 weeks with diet tweaked and then consider adding some 'cardio' or keep that short run you enjoy.

18. lindad0312

lindad0312 New Member

Thank you for your advice. I appreciate it. That's exactly what I'm going to do

19. Pixietoes

Pixietoes New Member

After reading this thread, and effective training and the blog posts by Erik, I have had an epiphany. Can't wait to start this today! Next step, getting my nutrition in order. Thank you all!

20. KellyK

KellyK New Member

This is exactly where I am at too!