Constructing a full body routine

Discussion in 'Beginner Training & Nutrition' started by Leah, May 1, 2006.

1. novamt

novamt Member

Began this today and found I still don't have enough ROM in my left shoulder to properly do a full squat with more than warm up weight (bar only). I love squats and I've always felt there was no substitute for them :) but I'm afraid I DO need a substitute for now. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. Sdtul

Sdtul New Member

Question about increasing weights. Example is on day 2 I am currently at 3x12 using 25lb dumbbells. This is difficult, but I can push them out with good form. I do not think I can do 12 reps at 30lbs at this point, but am fairly confident I could for say only 4-5 reps. Should I do the 1st two sets at 25lbs and do the 3rd with the 30lbs till failure (4-5 reps) ?!?! Trying to increase my weight, but not kill myself ;)

3. shaydz

shaydz New Member

Curious to see how others respond but I would start with the heaviest weights at the beginning (after the warm up set) and decrease as you go...

4. Sdtul

Sdtul New Member

Yeah, I tinkered with that idea in my head too, not sure which would be more beneficial.

5. Kiwi

Kiwi New Member

Some great info in this thread. I have a gym at my work and work out during work which is great, but my shifts are 2 days, 2 nights, 4 off. So I find the best split is upper/lower for the 4 days in a row. Then try to do something on the 4 days off

6. mimo

mimo New Member

I also like to warm-up to the heaviest set and use the generated fatigue for the higher rep stuff

7. Ginnybarbour

Ginnybarbour New Member

So in ready all of this, how do you decide as a beginner, with a fat loss plan whether to focus on full body workouts or a split? Might be a silly question...

8. Cassandra

Cassandra New Member

Does anyone on here have an upper/lower/full body routine they would like to share? Trying to get ideas for my new split. Thank you

9. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

there is a sticky in that training forum that is called how to put together and upper/lower split.
    also if you look WAY at the bottom of that post (once inside the sticky) there are many other threads you can click and follow.

10. Shirlthompson81

Shirlthompson81 New Member

Q what does I'm mean? If seen it used a lot in this thread. Is it a smiley face code?
    Cheers

11. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

when the forum switched providers, it somehow got additional characters. Ignore it