Compliancy Challenge

Discussion in 'Mindless Banter' started by OneMadMonkey, Feb 12, 2015.

1. OneMadMonkey

OneMadMonkey Well-Known Member

I started this board so we can give Fay back her journal. If we are going to do this on the honor system, everyone can pledge a certain amount. At the end, if you stayed compliant, you keep your money. If you don't, it goes into a pot to divided by everyone who did. If no one stays compliant, all the money goes to the person who has the best percentage score for that timeframe. Does this work or does anyone have a better idea?

2. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

Aw, thanks luv! It was kind of fun to have everyone over to "my place" for a bit. :)

Will each person commit a $ amount of their own choosing, or will we all agree on the same amount? How long will this challenge last?

Also, I don't think I have heard of compliancy before. Is it like fancy compliance? If so, I like it!

3. OneMadMonkey

I say we agree on a set amount that fits everyone's budget. But if you're compliant, it doesn't really matter what the amount is because you will get to keep it.

4. IDoYouToo

IDoYouToo Well-Known Member

I would be a million dollars and then be so compliant i would be compliant enough for everyone in the challenge but......sadly enough.......i do not have a million dollars.......sigh ;)

Thanks for starting the thread Alex. What are the down and dirty's aka parameters/rules?

Hey Fay it was great hanging out at your place, hope we didn't leave too much of a mess after we left :)

5. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

No problem at all! Also, fitnessmoderate is Alex. OneMadMonkey isn't using her real name, for privacy at her job.

6. OneMadMonkey

I believe Alex is Fitness Moderate. Lol.

7. IDoYouToo

OY my bad!!!
    Thanks for the heads up!!!

8. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

Wow! It looks like we were typing at the same time! :)

9. OneMadMonkey

Can we get a list of who is in for the challenge and the most you are willing to pledge? I say we start with 30 days for this first one.

10. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

1) Me $100

11. OneMadMonkey

Me: $50 to $100

12. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

That makes 2 of us! When do we start?? :)

13. IDoYouToo

Me $50 :)

14. OneMadMonkey

Should we wait and see if anyone else wants to do it? What day do you guys want to start. Right now there's 3 of us. Looks like $50 is the pledge that works for everyone right now.

15. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

I can't remember if anyone else has expressed interest. We could give it a couple of days, or start next Monday, maybe?

16. IDoYouToo

I am good with next Monday to start :)

17. OneMadMonkey

Ok. So we start Monday and end on 3/25. We pledge $50. If we stay compliant, we keep our money. If we don't, we owe $50 to the winner. If there are more than one winner, your $50 is divided equally amongst all the winners. If you're interested in joining, you have until Sunday night to add your name to the list. This is an honor system. We have no way to know if you told the truth, but you will know, and so will your body.

18. IDoYouToo

Do you think we should all list our goal for the challenge? It would be a good way to know how to specifically support one another.

19. OneMadMonkey

Good morning everyone. It's Monday and day 1 of the challenge. Remember, the goal is to stay compliant to your meal plan. So, before you cheat, ask yourself of that cheat is worth $50???

May the games be ever in your favor...... Go!

20. IDoYouToo

:( I already lost - ate some Elk roast last night for dinner, didn't feel well last night or this morning, skipped breakfast (was too afraid to throw it up) and bought a Coke to settle my stomach. UGH i hate when life happens.