COMPLIANCE CHALLENGE

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by Arajkowski, Apr 11, 2014.

1. csworen

csworen Well-Known Member

Breakfast is one of my favorite meals b/c I get so much food :) I wish they were all that big.

2. Arajkowski

Arajkowski Active Member

Giiirl I'm in the same boat.. On my training days if I broke them up they wouldn't be even 100 calories

3. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

Bump

4. Texaschick

Texaschick Member

I'm a little late to the party but want to join this challenge.

Hi!

5. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

So glad to have you here!! Yay!!'

6. Emma

Emma Member

Hanging in there, it paid off as my last BW was good, that helps with the motivation

7. Sammy

Sammy Member

Okay so I'm a real old-timer here...haven't posted in a long while.... but I'd love to jump in here for the rest of the month (okay so I know it's not 40 days but the more the merrier!)

Hi Ileen!

:wave:

8. cathymp

cathymp Well-Known Member

Hanging in there. Tuesday is the end of my self appointed challenge. I'm going to reassess at that time. It's my birthday that day and a girl just has to have her cake, right? lol. That is, cake less the frosting. Frosting is just so gross. Seriously though, this round has been challenging in ways that I didn't think it would. It made me see how unhappy I am with aspects of my life. As a result, thankfully, I will address those areas too.

9. Emma

Emma Member

Cake, Cathy, have cake!!! I love the icing (that's what we call it here), so long as it's cream cheese icing, that the best!

Hanging in there too, how many days has it been ??!!

10. cathymp

cathymp Well-Known Member

I plan on it. Some people here call it icing, others frosting. My mom used both, so I use both. I try to be consistent and use only frosting, but icing slips out. lol.

I screwed up. I still have 9 days left. I guess I intitally planned on 6 weeks to take me through Memorial weekend. Today is day 33. Oh well.

11. Sammy

Sammy Member

Cathy - 33 days is fantastic - just get back on it and finish strong!

Day one for me was 100%. Ugh - underachiever at this point....I'm on this for a while - prepping for a comp.

I'm now dreaming of cream cheese icing!

12. OneMadMonkey

OneMadMonkey Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. Back from paradise and working on my 2nd day of compliance. Before I left, I prepped some food and froze it since I knew I would be coming home to an empty fridge. Worked like a charm. I got home at 1am from the airport. I took out all the food to defrost, and when I woke up, I was back on plan. Just like that! I'm looking to stay compliant until 8/1, but I'm going to break it up into weekly goals. Right now, I'm looking to stay 100% until next biweekly.

13. Maggieb14

Maggieb14 Member

Good thinking! The last thing I want to do after a long trip (and late night flight) is cook :thumb:

14. Arajkowski

Arajkowski Active Member

I'll admit it I've been falling off every weekend. Idk if it's from moving or what but I need to find some tools to remind me of my vow to myself at the start of the week. I'm traveling all this week driving from FL to NY for the move into my new place then right into a new job. I packed all my meals and besides the extra nuts I had tonight (gggrrrr whyyyyyy) I plan to stay on track even through the travel. Maybe my body and mind is just so sick of being in a deficit or I'm just a pansy who needs to get her big girl panties on. Anywayyy good job ladies!!!

15. OneMadMonkey

OneMadMonkey Well-Known Member

Maybe you just need a break like I did? Enjoy your move. Don't add extra stress to yourself with rigid food rules. Get settled and then start again. You may be amazed how ready to go you are once you've had a break.

16. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Did you take some time at maintenance?
    Jump up to maintenance for two weeks or so. Take a break.. Settle in and then hit it again. until you settle in.

17. Arajkowski

Arajkowski Active Member

I'm thinking I should probably do that. I have prepped all my meals for the move but we stopped tonight and had dinner and I just keep thinking about prepping/weighing all my meals while I'm still unpacking pots and pans and what not. I think I may get in what I can with what I've prepped and choose wisely elsewhere.

I was at 11.5x BW when starting with Erik in August but that was as high as it got, it only lowered from there. So should I start maintenance this coming Monday for 2 weeks? I'll do the best I can this week with moving and then plan my meals for next week at maintenance. Then after 2 weeks come back down to where I'm at? What about cardio? I'm doing 3 days now, 1 barbell complex and 2 hiit sessions. Again.. This week I'm doing the best I can with hotel fitness facilities.. I did sprints this am.

Thanks for taking the time with me.. Idk what's gotten into me but I do think I need to just "reset" and then hit the ground running again. I have a photo shoot in August in mind just to keep me focused a bit more.

18. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

When was the last time you had a training break?

19. Arajkowski

Arajkowski Active Member

October

20. cdnmom2girls

cdnmom2girls Member

I used to watch Dr.Phil many years ago, and one of my favorite expressions of his has always been, "how's that working for ya?" I'm not surprised you're going through all you're going through after 10 months of dieting and 7 months without a gym break. I think you just need to go on maintenance, period, and while you're at it, take a week off from the gym. You're creating problems that will stay with you well into the long-term if you continue to focus on the short-term.

I've started replying to you many times in the past couple days, but I've stopped myself short. I finally decided to say what I've been wanting to say, despite the fact this probably isn't what you want to read.

Treat your body with the kindness it deserves.