COMPLIANCE CHALLENGE

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by Arajkowski, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Arajkowski

Arajkowski Active Member

And so it begins ladies!

2. alenka25

alenka25 New Member

Good morning ladies.

I just had the best breakfast ever! Someone mentioned subbing the oats and making a french toast. My plan calls for 40g of oats and EWs. I subbed my oats for Sara Lee WW bread and made my first french toast. A lil' WF Pancake syrop and it was delish!!

Thank you for the idea.

3. OneMadMonkey

OneMadMonkey Well-Known Member

And so it does. I'm with you until I leave the country in 21 days.

4. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

Going strong here! I just at my third meal for today and on track to stay on track!!

5. Emma

Emma Member

2 days down for me and sitting here at the start of day 3. We have a 4 day weekend for Easter, I only just found out this year that you guys in the US don't get good friday and easter monday as public holidays, I'd always just assumed you do. We also have a public holiday on the 25th of April every year for ANZAC Day (it stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corp), it's a memorial for a battle in Turkey during WW1. The English landed us in the wrong place and out troops had a very bad time of it. None of us blame the Turks, they were defending their country, but it was pretty awful.

Anyway, this is a long way of saying that because Easter was late this year I've had a 4 day weekend, 3 days back at work and then a 3 day weekend coming up. Because of this my boss is letting us all work from home these 3 days (we can remote access our work computers). This is good for me because it helps me stay on track, I am not tempted by all the yummy food places in the city and I can work out in my lunch breaks which is my preferred way to structure my day.

This is a period of heavy temptation for me, so I gave into some indulgences over easter. ANZAC day comes with ANZAC biscuits (cookies for you guys in the US) but they are not essential, I am not going to buy or bake any this year. The 25th is also my BFF's sons 11th birthday and there will be an afternoon tea for him on the Sunday, that I absolutely have to resist with a BW due the next day. I think I'll change my plan a little that day and make a batch of egg white, oat and blueberry muffins for M3 to take with me, that way I can nibble on a treat while every one else is having cake and I won't feel left out.

Have a great week ladies, we can do this!! Adapt and survive :)

6. Arajkowski

Arajkowski Active Member

Sounds like you're focused!! There are things coming up for you but it's just food at the root of it all.. Celebrate and enjoy friends, family, and time off but choose to stay on track. I guess that's what makes it a challenge! :) great job!!

I'm 100% on Day 1! Woo Hoo 39 to go!

7. Maggieb14

Maggieb14 Member

:clap:Yay!

8. cathymp

cathymp Well-Known Member

So far, so good for me too. This is day 7 of 100% compliance. I can typically get a week down, but more is tough. The people around me notice and, well, they can be relentless. A few years ago, I was on a serious plan and gave 100% for 6 weeks and then I caved. I'm not kidding, I was face down in every sugary item I could find. I was so sick. I'm hoping that doesn't happen this time around.

9. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

Yikes! I hope you find a way around that one this time.

10. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

So, I was just reminded that this group was in my dream last night! I was talking with one of you, who was CHEATING on her plan. i can't remember who it was, but the rest of the group was in the next room. The one who was eating the delicious-looking chocolate toffee candy bits poured some out in front of me. When I said "no, thanks" I could hear the rest of you cheering for me from the other room! I felt so proud!! Thanks for your support! :)

11. Arajkowski

Arajkowski Active Member

Aww! That's awesome :)

12. Arajkowski

Arajkowski Active Member

I get that. I get hesitant to do these too (even though I created the thread.. I know I know..) but it's because when I tell myself I absolutely cannot, I want it. If I have the option for free meals I don't want them as much

13. cathymp

cathymp Well-Known Member

Part of my problem was that I was training with a coach that had me on a plan that way too strict for me, but I didn't know that all then. Now I know, my body will respond quickly when the diet is clean and I exercise accordingly. Back then, I was on low calories and doing too much cardio, plus bike sprints, and weight training. I even told him that I didn't mind doing what he asked, but I need some calories to do it with. Needless to say, I caved and it was ugly.

14. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

I have the option of free meals in my plan, so I consider myself to be compliant when I use them. What if you added a free meal every week or two into your plan? Could you not still consider that as compliant?

15. OneMadMonkey

How do you get free meals? I don't have them in my plan. Even when I was bulking.

16. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

I don't know! They are just there! I think they are to give me something to work toward if I stay compliant for a couple of weeks. And to teach me moderation, possibly. :shrug:

17. OneMadMonkey

So how does it work in your plan?

18. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

It has worked well when I was otherwise 100% compliant. The rest of the time, I have been too sloppy with my habits to know.

19. Arajkowski

Arajkowski Active Member

I take my free meals seriously.. I calculate to a 'T' what 10% of my diet is and don't go over that for my free meal. It helps tremendously for sanity and I've actually gotten phenomenal results still. I definitely had been slacking and having a bit more than 10% for free meals lately so this challenge forces me to not have that little extra "eh who's counting" bite.

20. Arajkowski

Arajkowski Active Member

When Erik threw them in, it was right after the initial 2 weeks. 1 free meal a week was given. Lbc is a big proponent of the 90% rule. You should stick to your diet 90% of the time with no deviation. Then once a week you are allowed a free meal of your choice. They don't condone all out binging, they still want you to keep it within reason but it allows you to have some indulgences that aren't in your weekly diet. You don't need to take them but they are good for times when you want to go out with your girlfriends or anniversaries, etc. Some people don't count calories for this meal because it is supposed to be "free" but that doesn't give you the green flag to eat a copious amount, it's still in your favor to somewhat comprehend how much you're inhaling. :) When calculating 10%, I've literally been able to eat a lot and still make progress on biweeklies.