Comp Prep Support Thread

Discussion in 'Competitors Corner' started by Blondell, Jul 7, 2006.

1. hoopinjenn

hoopinjenn The Penis Genius

:D

Do you get to start drinking less water today?

2. acechick19

acechick19 New Member

Does anyone know of a posing coach in the Los Angeles, CA or Santa Clarita, CA area who they could recommend? My competition is 10 weeks out. Thanks in advance:)

3. megsorr

megsorr New Member

hey guys whats the deal with the post contest swelling? im seeing pics of ankles swollen HUGE like the day after a show

4. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Under who's prep? LBC or CWT clients or others that prep and do silly voodoo stuff?

5. megsorr

megsorr New Member

others that prep

was just looking at pics of girls who had shows yesterday and their ankles are SWOLLEN. they say it hurts to even walk
    just dont understand what could cause that after ONE day?!

6. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

wasnt JUST one day, it was the whole prep and the silliness that they do in one week. Sorry to hear they go through that. :(

7. Emma

Emma Member

As Inatic says it is dodgy prep and would be because their fluid/electrolyte balance is all out of whack due to water cutting and most likely a food binge after the show.

I've never done a comp and never will, but when I was training for endurance events (like 100km runs) if I wasn't careful with my fluid and food intake my hands and feet would swell.

Our bodies are finely tuned machines and will take a huge amount of abuse, but they perform better when they are treated with respect.

8. Runrooney

Runrooney New Member

Does anyone have any advice for competition prep? Like hair removal (bikini line)? I'm looking at doing a show in sept. 2014. Want to get ready for that day! Also, on tanning? I don't like some of the ones I've seen? Like way to dark or orange looking? I just need some guidance on the prep because I've never done a show before so any advice to prepare I would Love? Thanks

9. csworen

csworen Well-Known Member

Hi Runrooney. This is more of a brief answer, but you can message me as you get closer if you want more help. I would definitely find a coach, if you haven't already, to help with suits, shoes, tanning, posing, etc. I shave with a razor, everything (back, arms, etc)...every single thing (except face, of course). You don't want any "fuzz" as it takes away from the stage. Those lights can really be something!!! LOL....The tanner will go on easier too. I use JanTana products only. They are amazing and go one so evenly. I always get complimented on my tan. I'm sure there might be others, but I haven't found a better one. I never rely on the spray tans you can get at the show. Never seems dark enough, and you want to be dark. I use two products (can't remember which ones right now) and I have a routine starting a couple days out :) Oh, and I also find it helpful to get a base tan, so I go to the tanning beds a couple weeks before....you can always private message me if you need more details as you get closer :)

10. Runrooney

Runrooney New Member

Thanks for the info. I'll check in on the tanner. I'm real picky on that. Also on suits when do I try to get one? Right now I just started to diet down. I'm looking at a show in sept. 2014. So I'm at my heaviest. During my bulking I did gain some fat, so I know my measurements will be a lot different in 4-5 months. So suit shops do have 6-12 weeks waiting list. I know they will be customized so I need to wait right? How long? The ones I have looked at are Ripplewear and Vizion.

11. csworen

csworen Well-Known Member

Definitely check out JanTana. With suits, that is hard because it depends on where you buy from. I buy Tamee Marie. She is expensive, but the quality and stones are unreal! She takes a couple months. She does each suit herself and puts the stones on by hand. You can also rent from Tamee Marie, which is makes her suits more affordable. I actually sent her pictures of me because I was confused about sizes. She was great with me. Other suit companies are quicker, so just check them out. My friend does bikini and her suit came from Sayla. They turn around real quick. They are very affordable. I have to say, it was nice and showed great on stage, but her sequence fell off. She rushed it back to them and they fixed it right away tho. I guess ask around. Everyone likes different suits, so it can be hard to pick. I'm not familiar with the ones you mentioned. My coach was a bog help with doing all this stuff. I was lucky to have her.

12. Runrooney

Runrooney New Member

Thank you for your input. I'm new at this and every little bit of info. I greatly appreciate:)