Comp Prep Support Thread

Discussion in 'Competitors Corner' started by Blondell, Jul 7, 2006.

1. hoopinjenn

hoopinjenn The Penis Genius

Go Brooke!!!

2. brooket

brooket Active Member

Curly or Straight hair

curlyhair.jpg straighthair.jpg Okay, I posted this in my journal, but some of you may not read that. So, the question is, which for BIKINI do you like better, curly or straight hair? I am going longer with the extensions, so keep that in mind.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated...

3. hoopinjenn

I posted in your journal too but curly! It fits you/your personality better I think :)

4. Juliamac

Juliamac New Member

Hey guys,

I'm a newbie to LBC (currently on the waiting list) and a newbie fitness model competitor - my first EVER comp is September 23 2012 then following up with another Oct 13 2012.

I'm doing it all on my own - so I'll be on here ALL the time! (As well as the FB site and blog!)

Current Stats:
    Height: 5"6
    Weight: 130 pounds
    Body Fat: 17%

These are my goals by comp date September 23 2012
    Weight: 120 pounds
    Body Fat: 14%

I'll post my plan in a journal once I get access, so hopefully I can get an idea of your thoughts to help maximize results....

- I've already changed to upper and lower body splits rather than isolated muscle days...so we'll see how we go.

5. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

welcome Julia.

just a note LBC (or MMT) cares naught about body fat or body fat tracking. We train for a look not a wt or bf.

6. Juliamac

Juliamac New Member

So the anti-numbers thing applies across the board...not just the scale! Done!

I suppose it's just a way to keep myself on-track...but I'll stick to photos. I see LBC'ers post 'em 2 weeks so maybe that's what I'll do.

I'm just looking at my plan 16 weeks out and I'm struggling to break it down timing-wise i.e. when to start carb-cycling, how many cals, how many HITT's sessions etc. ARGH! :confused:

Again, I'll post it in my journal but I'd love opinions about my overall plan (which will be manipulated according to progress)

OPINIONS MOST WELCOME HERE GUYS....

4 weeks JE Livefit Phase 2 Program: 11 June – 8 July
    - Not counting cals
    - 1 off plan meal per week
    - PWO meals at 160cals 30-33g carbs

6 Weeks Olympic Lifting/Compound movements Program: July 9 – August 12
    - Carb-cycling at 1320 (132lbs x11) High Days carbs = 264g (132lbs x 2), Low Days carbs = 74g. Protein = 170g (132lbs x 1.3)
    - Upper/Lower body splits
    - 3 x HITT
    - 1 off-plan meal per fortnight
    - PWO meals at 160cals 30-33g carbs

6 Weeks Cutting Program: 13 August – September 23 (1 week out)
    - Carb-cycling at 1320 (132lbs x10) High Days carbs = 200g (132lbs x 1.5), Low Days carbs = 74g. Protein = 150g
    - Circuit Training
    - 3 x HITT
    - NO Cheats, 100% clean
    - No PWO meal 4 weeks out
    - No almond milk

My cals seem pretty low and I'm a bit worried that this is going to be an issue....

When I was carb-cycling on Jamie Eason I was sitting on about 1470 cals.

Advice GREATLY appreciated please!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  7. Juliamac

Juliamac New Member

Oh also, I weighed myself to get an idea of calories. Currently 132lbs so do I measure cals based on CURRENT weight or GOAL weight?

Sorry...I know I'm being a pain in the ass! Can't WAIT until I can work with Erik and get coached PROPERLY - alleviate so much of the stress of going solo!

:)

8. hoopinjenn

Hi Julia and welcome aboard!

I can't imagine doing this alone, could you find someone to coach you until you can get in with LBC? That will take a huge stress off you and then all you have to do is follow the plan.

calories are set based on current weight, Approx 10-12x bodyweight.

9. Juliamac

Juliamac New Member

Yeah it's tough going it alone...but finances are tight so I'll stick it out. Plus I don't really trust anyone else - I had a hunt around and lots of double SS cardios and no cals seemed to be the only options - NO THANKS! Its a personal challenge so although the results might not be as good as with Erik or a coach, I'll be content with just getting up there.

Plus I'll chat to a coach for final prep I think, ie 1/2 weeks out.

Thanks lovie

• Like Like x 1
  10. Scarl3tbutt3rfly

Scarl3tbutt3rfly Motivated and ready!!

One thing I would say about your above plan. I wouldn't set guidelines on when you are changing stuff. Once you start prep, which looks like you are planning on 12 weeks, you start your diet, and only really make changes to move you along. YOu don't really want to decide at "6weeks out" I'm doing this. What if everything is going fine at 6 weeks out, what if you need to change something at 8weeks out?

I would start your diet at 12xBW and then go from there. If you need to switch to carb cycling farther in then I'd do it later as a form of a change if you start to stall. You could do less carbs on offdays and more on training days, but I wouldn't get all into total carb cycling from the beginning. See what your body does with that for a bit, then change stuff up as you go and start to stall. Same with cardio. I would start with as little as possible and add it as you need, not program a designated amount from the beginning. Just my opinion.

11. lesliemirinda

lesliemirinda Member

I would be careful about any "coach" who would help you 1-2 weeks out...if they haven't worked with you your entire prep, know anything about your body or how it will respond, you have to question how much they can help you in 1-2 weeks...don't let them take your money and they shouldn't even consider to begin with...but they will! Wish you all the best :weightlift2:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Angel

Angel Member

I will definitely be posting in this thread when I decide to do another show. I did one last year and won my class. I've been wanted to do more but things would come up along the way, and I just don't feel like eating fish and asparagus all day! So when I saw some of my FB friends who were LBC clients post about their prep I knew who I wanted to go with for my next comp. Can't wait!!!!

13. Tianagonzalez

Tianagonzalez NEVER GIVE UP!!

Couldn't agree more!

14. Erik

Erik Admin

Yep. I always say no to requests like that.

15. Juliamac

Juliamac New Member

Thanks for all the advice guys, duly noted. I was only going to speak to a coach about water loading etc as I have no idea when to start and what to eat leading up. It might be worth speaking to a coach now that I'm 16 weeks out and working out whether it would be cost effective, as I'm really struggling doing it on my own in terms of trusting instincts and working out what I need.

Maybe an online check in every 2-3 weeks with progress pics might be the way to go. Training is under control, esp with the support from LBC forum/blog/FB but it's the individual diet tht has me nervous!

Thanks for the support guys. Will keep you posted....

16. Juliamac

Juliamac New Member

Thanks for all the advice guys, duly noted. I was only going to speak to a coach about water loading etc as I have no idea when to start and what to eat leading up. It might be worth speaking to a coach now that I'm 16 weeks out and working out whether it would be cost effective, as I'm really struggling doing it on my own in terms of trusting instincts and working out what I need.

Maybe an online check in every 2-3 weeks with progress pics might be the way to go. Training is under control, esp with the support from LBC forum/blog/FB but it's the individual diet tht has me nervous!

Thanks for the support guys. Will keep you posted....

17. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

if you can find someone that wont recommend stupid dieting and a crap ton of cardio !

18. Juliamac

Juliamac New Member

Yeah I'm currently 14 weeks out this week (The other comp only offered 'model' category and not 'fitness model') so I'm going to chat to a friend of a friend, who happens to be an ANB judge (not for this comp) and get some advice from him.

Thanks again for the support and advice.

Will keep you posted.

19. hoopinjenn

Can I just say weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 11 days!!

20. brooket

brooket Active Member

:banana:

GO JENN!