Combine PWO + PPWO meals?

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by healthnut, Apr 17, 2007.

1. healthnut

healthnut Member

Is it OK to combine the PWO and PPWO meal into one combined meal that is consumed within an hour of your workout?

2. The13ig13adWolf

The13ig13adWolf I win...

why would you want to do this?

3. healthnut

healthnut Member

Cut down on meal prep mainly. Also, with working out at 4:30, it would be nice to enjoy 1 combined meal with my family after my workout.

4. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

Cut down on meal prep? It's a lot of work to prepare a shake and some rice cakes?

5. Cindy Day

Cindy Day Well-Known Member

The pwo meal is designed to be fast digesting while the ppwo meal is a little slower on digestion. You're not going to spontaneously combust, but for optimal fueling of muscle you'll want to keep these meals separate.

6. Patricia

Patricia Well-Known Member

My pwo meal takes NO prep whatsoever.
    Carry protein powder in shaker to gym. Bring some rice cakes or ezekial raisin bread....takes 30 seconds to add water and shake...I eat on the way home from the gym or in the locker room.

7. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

:yeahthat:

8. healthnut

healthnut Member

Well, I'd prefer to eat a meal with my family than sit there and eat rice cakes and drink a shake while they are eating a meal.

When you work out from 4:30-5:15, the whole post-work out thing doesn't fit into the family meal time too neatly, so it'd be nice to combine the PWO + PPWO meal into one meal and eat at 6pm.

9. Cindy Day

Cindy Day Well-Known Member

Oh, so this is about personal preference then. :shrug: If I went by personal preference I'd be eating a scone and drinking starbucks, but I thought you wanted ideal physique advice.

10. Mols

Mols My BFF

workout at a different time. there really is no way around this one, physically

11. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

A lot of us would. Sometimes, it comes w/ the territory.

12. Audrey

Audrey Well-Known Member

I personally wouldn't wait 45 minutes to eat PWO... nor could I as I am usually starving PWO.

13. Patricia

Patricia Well-Known Member

Took the words right out of my mouth.
    But, mine would be with a coffee cake.

ETA-- healthnut, I don't usually sit down and eat with my daughter....she knows how I eat and is fine with it...you don't have to be eating with them to spend the time with them...

Last edited: Apr 18, 2007
  14. Erik

Erik Admin

You could easily wolf back a quick PWO meal and then eat an hour later.

15. strongchick

strongchick Well-Known Member

Agree, but, if you're working out in the middle of the day, is this less an issue? You're already going to have fuel in your body. I know you still want to get that insulin going to cut your cortisol response, but as I recall your preworkout meal has more of an impact than your post workout, arguably.

Someone have thoughts?

16. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

:ditto: