Carbs makes you hungrier?

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by Arajkowski, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Arajkowski

Arajkowski Active Member

I don't know about you but when I have off days that start with carbs at my first three meals, I am much hungrier the first half of the day. Anyone else?!

2. srayko

srayko New Member

Actually, I'm the opposite. I am ravenous on low carb days. Fat and protein are not satiating for me. I also get a little psycho :)

3. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

nope, not me either. No difference either way.

4. enbergland

enbergland New Member

It's the opposite for me as well. low carb = me daydreaming about big bowls of cereal and fresh baked banana bread!

5. Emma

Emma Member

Yes, me too. In fact when I've had a treat meal, which for me are usual carb heavy, I really have to knuckle down to stay on track the next day because I am always extra hungry.

6. Arajkowski

Arajkowski Active Member

Glad I'm not alone... Protein and fats make me so much more satisfied. Not saying I don't love carbs (I definitely do) but they just make me hungry. I feel a bit better on pro+fat versus pro+cho

7. OneMadMonkey

OneMadMonkey Well-Known Member

If I go too long without a meal, I will literally eat anything I can get my hands on. I have bad hypoglycemia. I get angry when I don't eat. The first thing I go for is sweets to pep me back up. Luckily, I don't go past meals too often.

8. bthatch

bthatch New Member

A lot of the times empty carbs cause being extra hungry because those carbs breakdown into bad sugars which cause you to be extra hungry. That's why the craze of no carb diets arose but it's just important to choose your carbs properly! I personally love carbs but I do feel like I need to eat more of them to feel full than when I add a good amount of protein.

9. Arajkowski

Arajkowski Active Member

This is true, however, all my carb sources are either oatmeal, rice, or potatoes

10. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

There are no 'bad sugars'.
    One can choose carbs for satiety/volume. You can expect to feel full when dieting.

11. rhart4u

rhart4u New Member

Im always hungry lol