Carbohydrate Cycling for Fatloss by Erik

Discussion in 'Beginner Training & Nutrition' started by Inatic, May 25, 2012.

1. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

quoted from FB

2. Inatic

Part 2

3. jamistar77

jamistar77 Well-Known Member

Great info! This article is what helped me lose that 22lbs!

4. lesliemirinda

lesliemirinda Member

Awesome info--thank you!

5. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

Awesome info here!! Just what I needed!! I printed it out for my "brain don't retain!!"

6. Free2Bme

Free2Bme Member

Great article. I just need to get over my fear of math while waiting for my turn on the "list".

7. jamiebelle

jamiebelle New Member

When you help people with carb cycling, do you suggest that their total daily calories remain the same every day? Or that they eat more/less depending on their train/rest status for any given day?

8. Erik

Erik Admin

Depends on the program - both 'can be' viable options.

One could eat at say 12x BW every day for a week or cycle calories over the week and still have it 'average out to' 12x BW/day.

9. pegavi

pegavi Member

On the low carb days, I know that what carbs you get are in the form of fibrous vegetables, but is there a limit to the amount of carbs to have on a low day? A cup of broccoli here a cup of grean beans there, etc. (in addition to any carbs if you had cottage cheese) could add up, so I was just wondering if there was some limit, like 50g for the day. Or does that not matter and you can eat the fibrous vegetables freely on those days? I ask because I can eat a lot of vegetables!

10. Inatic

fibrous veggies arent free other than a few cups or salad green.

11. Scarl3tbutt3rfly

Scarl3tbutt3rfly Motivated and ready!!

There isn't really any rule. Some people do super low carb days. Getting under say 20g. When I have carb cycled most recently. I never had my low carb days below 75-80.

12. pegavi

pegavi Member

Good to know. I was thinking about keeping it at around 40-50g,so I guess that is ok.

13. Suzie

Suzie New Member

Great article! Thank you!

14. cathymp

cathymp Well-Known Member

Under 20g?!?!?! I don't believe I could even function on that. lol!

15. pegavi

pegavi Member

I know, seriously! I can get 20g carbs in two meals with just vegetables! Then what, chicken and oil the rest of the day? Blah:crying:

16. Scarl3tbutt3rfly

Scarl3tbutt3rfly Motivated and ready!!

I agree :nod:

17. Mrz193

Mrz193 New Member

Question - I have been working towards this article for the past two weeks - not sure if I am giving it too much thought???
    If I am trying to loose fat and weight, I weigh 140 lbs, I have been doing 4 days of weight training:
    Monday upper heavy and 20 minutes interval
    Tuesday lower light
    Weds 40 min ss
    Thurs lighter upper
    Friday 30 minutes metabolic
    Sat heavy lower
    Sunday Off
    If I want 12X body weight to lose 1,680 cls, and 1.1 protein per body weight - 154 grams, is my information correct by saying I can't do 2.2 grams of carbs per body weight because that would would be 280 grams - causing me to be too hight in calories if my fat is 26 grams so I have been keeping my carbs around 230 - or should I lower protein or fat?

18. JodiShep

JodiShep New Member

Awesome article :wink:

19. Marilyn

Marilyn Member

Thanks for the info. I have never counted calories. This is all foreign to me. I'm trying to soak all of this in and understand it. I don't even know how to start. I'm 5'4" and 130 lbs. I guess I calculate caloric intake by... I don't know.... back to more reading....I'm so confused....

20. Inatic

try using an online resource like fitday, my fitness pal , cronometer to count calories.