Can someone explain to me....

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by drea, May 2, 2014.

1. drea

drea Member

In regards to pwo carbs....

If I have say 33-35g carbs and 160cals pwo....how does that work ? because 1g carbs=4 cals, so doing the math for 33-35g carbs would only be 132-140cals....... I'm missing something..

Also, what is the recommended pwo carbs/cal for a larger person.... 255lbs to be exact....trying to help out a friend and I'm not sure what to tell him.

Thanks!

2. drea

drea Member

Also, in regards to nutrition labels on meat....how do you know if it's based on cooked or raw weight if it doesn't say? And how can you figure it out per cooked?

3. cdnmom2girls

cdnmom2girls Member

You always (except for pure sugars) have tag-along fats and/or protein with your carb source, so that's where the extra cals come from to make up the difference in cals you calculated.

As for how much PWO, there's no magic formula. You calculate your PWO based on the calorie allotment for that particular meal. Heck, if you wanted to, you could eat all your carbs for the day as PWO; you just wouldn't have many calories left for the rest of the day!

Meat is always labelled raw. There are online calculators that have the macros written out for cooked wt (depending on cooking method), or you could weigh raw, then weigh cooked, and figure out what the % difference is between the two.

4. drea

drea Member

Ok. And then if you sub food on the LBC food calculator it is per cooked grams right?
    Thanks for your help!

5. cdnmom2girls

cdnmom2girls Member

Yes.