Breast-feeding mom takes on Applebee's

Discussion in 'Mindless Banter' started by Erik, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Erik

Erik Admin

Come on ...

:blink:

http://www.parentdish.com/2007/09/02/breast-feeding-mom-takes-on-applebees/

I don't agree with this. I don't care what the law is. It's a restaurant.

2. Brandy

Brandy Refreshed

:sad:

No words.:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

3. mackie

mackie With my hero, Brigitte Gabriel

I think she might be making too big of a deal out of it. Its not clear. IF the manager did, in fact, insist that she "must" cover up, then I agree... he was very wrong.

But IF he simply "requested" that she be more modest (as also stated in the article) because another customer was uncomfortable, I see nothing wrong with that at all. She could have politely refused, instead of getting all upset about it, and going out to her car to finish feeding her baby. :shrug:

Her comparison to Rosa Parks was ridiculous!!! There is absolutely no comparison!! Makes her whole account of the incident lose credibility to me. Since when does asking someone to practice modesty, in a restaurant, even begin to compare to the oppression & cruelty of prohibiting your fellow humans from sitting anywhere they dang well please, on a bus... or from using any drinking-fountain they damn well please, when they're thirsty.... and countless other forms of abuse... for years... because of their race??? :yell:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  4. Gary

Gary Well-Known Member

:yeahthat:

5. Meadows

Meadows misses her dad

I am all for breastfeeding and have no problems with someone doing it in public.

However, I do not want any woman whipping her tittie out to feed her baby while I am trying to eat. (I say this b/c this has happend more than once)

I would need more info though before deciding just who was right/who was wrong. Some of my friends can modestly breastfeed without a blanket, some of my friends should charge admission for what they show while breastfeeding.

We need to know exactly how much boob was showing.

6. Patricia

Patricia Well-Known Member

Well...it was an Applebee's...:lol3:
    What do ya expect?

7. kszal

kszal moo cow!

And? Babies shouldn't eat in restaurants? :blink:

I agree that the comparison to Rosa Parks is way overblown. However, babies have the right to eat, as does everyone else!!! The incidental exposure of the breast? Come on. That is what they're FOR.

8. Ali

Ali Senior Member

I breastfed 4 kids...so ya, I've done my share of breastfeeding in public. Was I discreet...SURE! But I have no problem with people doing it in public. In the instances I breastfed in public, it was either that or CRYING. So what would you rather have? I like happy/quiet babies. :wink:

9. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

same here. I nursed in public as well but always covered up and did it very discretely. If i couldnt i'd go out to the car.

10. rogmel

rogmel back in the game!

i have said this before.....there is a difference in nursing in public and publically nursing.........any mother who wants to nurse in public CAN do it discreetly.....without showing ANY boob......this story leaves a ton of details in question, but if her boob was showing, then i think the restaurant, at the complaint of another customer, has the right to ask her to cover herself...not the baby......and yes she has the right to do it, but not at the expense of others......i am not offended by it, but others are.......and OTHERS are who frequent public places......

11. Mols

Mols My BFF

I could care less. Im not looking and rather not hear a screaming baby.

• Like Like x 1
  12. pixie

pixie Well-Known Member

:yeahthat:

13. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

I'm with Molly on this one. I couldn't care less either.

14. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

I have had this happen to me and i just about wanted to leave my food. that lady just whipped it out right there nipple showing and all and didn't even try to cover up.you don't where a tight shirt that you have to take your arm out over the sleeve to feed the child.

i don't care how hot is was in tx and Az when i was breast feeding my two girls i ALWAYS ha a blanket so as not to cause any problem or if i didn't feel like it should be done right there like at a table where others are eating too. I would go and stand up in the bathroom and feed them there.

And like Melissa said yes its different breasfeeding in public vs. publicly breastfeeding.

15. moniseni

moniseni Member

I'm all for breastfeeding I just don't see why she refuses to use a blanket...so to protest she goes to the car...yeah..makes sense.

16. Lyn

Lyn 2nd String Bench Warmer

This whole argument annoys me. So what, "that's what they're for" The anus is "for" waste to leave the body and I don't want to see that while I'm eating either. :wigging:

• Like Like x 4
  17. Erik

Erik Admin

I just burst out laughing. :lol:

18. Patricia

Patricia Well-Known Member

:ditto:

19. KaPow

KaPow Senior Member

:funny:

20. Ali

Ali Senior Member