Boiled Chicken

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by ReneeG, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Ruthie

Ruthie Active Member

yeah it's good but I do more cashew or almond butter

2. Ecala

Ecala Banned

OH ok, I wasn't sure myself. :rolleyes: This boiling chicken business is still new to me.

3. mich56

mich56 Well-Known Member

I usually let it stand out for a few minutes, then put it into the fridge overnight, then the next day portion them out - mix the flavours and then freeze. When you go right from stove to freezer, it can breed bacteria :yucky:

4. Strive2Define

Strive2Define Banned

oh good god........

5. Mizuno

Mizuno Needing Discipline

My dad has been making me pb omelets since the day I was old enough to eat PB!!!

6. Strive2Define

Strive2Define Banned

Uhm I don't think we are the weird ones here.And I will have to judge it based on how it sounds because I will certainly never put PB in my soup.

7. strongchick

strongchick Well-Known Member

I've been putting almond butter on my eggs for years. Way yummy.

8. Ecala

Ecala Banned

I'm gonna try it. :D

9. Espi

Espi perfumes, not chocolate!

I just about puked virtually at the thought of it. Now.. fried eggs with pb are OK. But omelette with fruit and pb. NO way! Perhaps because my pb is never sweet and already spiced with madam jeanette peppers (the hottest peppers on earth they claim).
    Almond butter on top of a banana omelette might work. I've also mixed the banana/apple omelette with ground hazelnuts, so hazelnut butter would work too. Ground almonds not so much.

10. Ecala

Ecala Banned

Well, while we're on the subject of weird combos.. one of my favorite sandwiches is peanut butter, bacon and cheddar on toasted bread. :drool:

11. Leah

Leah Well-Known Member

:huh:

12. Ecala

Ecala Banned

It's actually really good, believe it or not. :yum:

13. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Not one to make :yucky: faces at most things, but raisins in coffee ummmmmmm :uhuh:

Ya gotta be kidding on the Apples and PB yum! Maybe a cultural differences?

14. Espi

Espi perfumes, not chocolate!

I guess your pb is very sweet then. Outside America (US+Canada) there aren't many countries where they eat & like peanut butter. The NLs is one of the few. And in Indonesia they have got satay with pb sauce.
    In any case, I'd never heard about combining apples or celery with pb. Though actually I do now remember a bulking sandwich: 2 pcs of white bread, loaded with pb, putting a banana on top and topping it off with honey. Apparently nearly 1000 kcal or more.

But speaking about freezing/refrigerating this is very important:

This is exactly how I contracted spondylodiscitis. Not letting my chicken soup cool off properly and then not reheating it properly (microwave heats things unevenly). Since then I've never ever wanted to prepare soup and keep it in the fridge for several days. I always make it from scratch by using 1 (raw or raw-frozen) chicken boob at the time.
    Be careful folks!

15. freckles

freckles Senior Member

My inlaws eat this every morning for breakfast.... and I mean every morning. The only difference, they add some sugarcane syrup to the top of it. :lol:

16. Ecala

Ecala Banned

Ohhhhhh :yum: I was thinking jelly but syrup sounds much better. :nod:

17. jackieleigh

jackieleigh is back at it ;)

mm, I used to love PB and creme cheese on my egg whites...like a sweet crepe almost :drool:

18. Alicrmt

Alicrmt Something's gotta give!

I'm SO all over that one!!! It's :yum: Really, no it is.

19. Strive2Define

Strive2Define Banned

OK PEOPLE ..y'all are killing me here.:yucky:

20. Ecala

Ecala Banned

:yum: Really it is :yum: :lol:

It's a texture and flavor combo thing. The saltiness of the bacon, the smooth crunchiness (I like chunky PB) of the PB, the richness of the cheddar-- all warmed and melded between hot toast. It's like a taste explosion in your mouth :rolleyes:

:eek: (I expect to see Manav here any moment)