Bodyweight Circuits Database

Discussion in 'Training' started by Sohee, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Sohee

Sohee working on the bikini body

Who's JC Santana? Is he still around?

:lol:

2. Sohee

From my knowledge, either

1) do the bodyweight circuit immediately following the training session OR
    2) 6-8 hours between the sessions

3. clc315

clc315 Active Member

4. katygowland

katygowland proving 'just doing it' works!

This is an ace post. I have been wondering how to set up bodyweight circuits... Not sure on what several of the exercises are (time with Google will sort this, I know) and completely lacking in some of the equipment, but definitely lots to work with! Cheers people!

5. arista

arista exactly where i'm meant to be!

excellent thread :D :D :D we do lots of body weight circuits in bootcamp (i teach) and these are some great ideas!!! :clap:

6. crystlemc

crystlemc No, I am not cross eyed

So am I correct in assuming that bodyweight circuits would be good for an overweight re-beginner to do 3x's/wk for a while until the body adjusts and is then able to handle greater loads? Just asking.

7. Sohee

IMO for an overweight individual, bodyweight circuits are not necessary from the get-go. I would stick mainly with weight training and pinpoint the diet for the time being.

8. crystlemc

crystlemc No, I am not cross eyed

My thinking is, I really only have limited equipment. For instance: a stability ball, adjustable dumbbells, and me...lol. Also, even if I had a whole "gym", I tend to overdo things at first in such a way that I am unable to sit properly or pick my nose for a week. Also, I am recalling my beginning workouts with Erik, and some of this is ringing a familiar chord. Alas, I no longer have those workouts because they were on a hard drive that crashed and I lost all of it. Otherwise, I'd just refer to those for now.

The diet part, I have under control. Just trying to adapt the workout until I have proper equipment.

Thanks Sohee!

9. Anca

Anca Well-Known Member

First off, congrats on doing well on the diet. :clap: As you know, that is the most important part.

Even with your limited equipment, you don't necessarily need to set up your workouts as 'bodyweight circuits'. Slow down the tempos, increase your rest times and voila- you have a 'regular' workout. Plenty of exercise examples to choose from in this thread.

(Which I now need to get to from my main computer and print. :cardio:)

• Like Like x 1
  10. jamistar77

jamistar77 Well-Known Member

Awesome!!!

11. jamistar77

Are these circuits something that can replace my treadmill HIIT?? I think I'm rounding close to a plateau, if not there already, and I need a change up..

12. Cathie

Cathie I have SFP :mecry:

You can keep HIIT on the same day as lower body and add two days of circuits.

I read somewhere you were over calculating your food. Why don't you adjust your calorie level first and see how that works?

13. jamistar77

Cathy, I so agree! I'm deffinetly going to track the calories better. :)

14. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

TT 30min bootcamp 2k10cardio workout # 13

Per Email yesterday:

15. synergyb3

synergyb3 Well-Known Member

Somehow I don't think these are what my doctor had in mind for easing back into training post surgery. :lol:

16. VTLilbean

VTLilbean New Member

This is a kickass thread! I love making up circuits for my clients, definitely going to borrow some of these :lol:

17. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

I love love love the circuits!!! Thanks for posting, but I too need to google some of these exercises...:shrug: :confused: :scratch:

18. HollywoodKnights

HollywoodKnights New Member

Thanks for this!

19. waiting

waiting New Member

Great ideas here!