Body Bugg??

Discussion in 'Training' started by mcv, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Sohee

Sohee working on the bikini body

Ahh... well if I were you I would still be eating a little more. 1000 calories below maintenance is a lot :blink:

2. wannabelean

wannabelean Active Member

It is that is why I am thinking to go up on calories but that takes my buffer away. I am attempting to lose about 1.5 lbs a week maybe even 2.
    To lose 5 lbs for me is a real battle.

3. Sohee

What do you mean by buffer?

How much do you weigh right now?

4. patriciaann

patriciaann Active Member

I wish Erik would chime in here? because I think you are actually impeding your weight loss efforts by eating too little.

5. wannabelean

Buffer: I might eat extra calories or have creamer in my coffee. Etc.
    I weigh 132 and 5'4

I have spoken to Erik recently and he has seen my pics. I am in a little cutting phase to shed about 3-5lbs. He has encouraged me to bring down my quad size so I have pulled back from all quad work. I am just trying to figure out calories consumption and what is needed to pull off these few pounds at a 1- 1.5 lb a week progress.
    This body bugg is new for me so I am able to track what my calorie expenditure is and trying to figure out calories consumption without getting to low but while maintaing a loss of 1-2 lbs a week for the next 3 weeks.

6. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

can you rent these things I've been thinking of ust seeing what I would be burning but not spend all that money buying one.

7. Sohee

No renting. You could probably borrow one from a friend for a few days-- I know people have done that before.

8. Original Kloe®

Original Kloe® *sizzle*

o0o... just got an email from Bodybugg-- they've lowered their subscription rates! You can do month-to-month for $9.95 now!

I might have to dust mine off the shelf! :bunny:

9. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

i saw that yesterday but mine still has a few months to go.

how did you find it worked for you when you had it. Did you bases your cals etc on it?

10. Original Kloe®

Original Kloe® *sizzle*

It was pretty good-- I think the biggest shocker for me was how few calories you burn during deliberate exercise. I thought I would have burned WAY MORE during weight training--I think it was less than 200 cals during an hour or so session!

It definitely promoted a lot of compensatory behaviour for me though-- if I would overeat or binge, I'd go straight to the gym to burn it off, just so my daily total would show a deficit.

I mainly used it more as a tool to get an idea of calorie burn though, not really weight loss.

It was definitely a RUDE awakening :pirate: I thought my daily cal burn would be around 2500 cals on a non-training day... turned out to be more like 1800!!! And on days I did an hour of cardio, I still only burned about 2200-2400 cals. OUCH!!! :sad:

11. wannabelean

I have found that I burn about 2100-2200 on none cardio days and anywhere form 2400-2500 on cardio days.
    I have seen myself doing daily cardio since I go this thing. Which today I deceided to quit doing

12. Erik

Erik Admin

At what bodyweight?

13. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

curious here too!

current wt 131.6

Mine is giving me readings any where between 1800 and 2100 (which is supposed to be my goal) Without the exercise, i'd not meet it and there are some days i dont.

If i had a desk job, it would really be low and if i stay busy ALL day, cleaning excetra, non stop, i go over. :dope:

14. wannabelean

Was this for me?
    133 lbs

I burned about 2150 yesterday withour cardio and about 25 minutes of weights.
    I do tend to jump around my house a lot more than I used to.
    I bet when I was sitting at the store i was burning alot less. Good thing I am up and moving now. Maybe at last I can drop those 5 lbs.

15. Erik

Erik Admin

I just don't see how these numbers are possible. 2500 at 133 is nearly 19 TIMES bodyweight.

16. wannabelean

Even on cardio days when I am doing over 30 to 45 minutes of high intensity cardio?
    You think this thing is messed up?

17. Erik

Erik Admin

If this is true you should be able to drop bodyfat consistently on a very high intake - 2000 calories would still put you at a 500 deficit. That's 15x TBW, which is meant to approximate the average person's maintenance intake.

Hey, if you can drop on 2000 at 133 then more power to ya!

And duration cardio and high intensity are nearly mutually exclusive terms.

18. wannabelean

What do you think though?
    Do you think this thing is messed up?
    Is it your opionion that is is probaly wrong?
    Let's put it this way. I have not really lost but about 1 lb since wearing it. Weekends what is burned is about what I am eating and during the week I am hitting about a 400 cal deficit on some days. I would say I am eating on average about 1800 a day.
    I will be ticked off if I payed 300 for something that is not working

19. Erik

Erik Admin

Like I said, those numbers seem weird.

But the proof would be in the results. Maintain that activity to get you 2500 on the BB and eat 2000 every day and see what happens.

20. wannabelean

I went and looked at all days and would say 2350-2400 seems to be the average on cardio days and some really high days at around 2700-2800 days I was playing Wii Active with my son for a hour or so plus my own cardio