Bioidentical hormones

Discussion in 'Health & Beauty' started by fitnessondelivery, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Thought I would share my excitement on this issue. For about 4 years now I have been fatigued and since I had my first baby felt things change. I had my bloodwork done and meet with the doctor in a month to go over everything but have learned a lot of valuable information in the meantime. Just one more step in becoming the best me I can be. My boys are 2 and 4 and I am excited to be hormonal lay balanced. Anyone else gone through this process?

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

have been playing with mine for yrs now. Cant quite get it right but mostly because i dont want to add in estrogen. Have used progesterone though.

I dont absorb progesterone through the skin but can absorb the estrogen via patch. My progesterone is oral.

its also very important that thyroid hormones are PROPERLY tested and balanced too.

3. cathymp

cathymp Well-Known Member

You don't use Estrogen? Is that because your estrogen levels are ok?

4. Inatic

my levels are on the low end but it scares me so atm, just progesterone.

5. cathymp

Can you share why? Should I be scared too?

6. Inatic

no particular reason other than estrogen has many cancer causing 'properties'

as a young body, we do have estrogen and hopefully its balanced. I know my progesterone was off through most of my life due to many issues with pregnancies, and cycle issues.

there is some thought that women dont need to balance as there is tons in the tissue.

Im not saying that decision is right for everyone, its my choice atm and while that is what ive chosen to do this month, i can easily change my mind next. LOL. Its such a hard balance act and im getting frustrated with it..

no cause for alarm though :)

7. cathymp

I understand as these were issues I wrestle with too and sometimes still do.

8. Inatic

Bioidenticals and cancer- a post im sharing.

On one of my thyroid boards i follow the moderator posted this.. followed up by a Dr's comment. Just gives 'food' for thought' lol. Im still further investigating the idea(s) Im not sure how well this relates to us as physique minded individuals as we tend to have a much lower body fat that the average women.

Personally, as related to that statement, I never took BC pills (well tried twice and lasted 2 months cause i felt craptastic and I have an IUD that lasted only about 6-7 months because my body through it out. Likely it was off setting my already offset hormones and undiagnosised thyroid. (another story there lol)

9. cathymp

Thank you Ileen. It's a very confusing and frustrating topic.

10. Inatic

one of the other recommendation i got from my favorite hormone and thyroid advocate is this:

makes sense though for me, i feel that is more towards the use of E rather than P.

11. mackie

mackie With my hero, Brigitte Gabriel

Yikes! Does this mean I should hang on to my fat as to avoid conversion of estadiol to estrone?
    Okay, let the dieting end! Cinnabon, here I come! :lol:

12. Inatic

LOL.

Like i said, i dont really know how this all fits but staying over fat isnt good either. ;) No cinnabon for you! :pimpslap:

13. mackie

mackie With my hero, Brigitte Gabriel

:lol:

14. lil dev

lil dev New Member

I work for a hormone clinic and know first hand that the bi-est creams really do wonders for women. It is important to have some estrogen in your body, especially if you weight lift. It helps lubricate your joints and is found in connective tissue throughout the body. Progesterone is good to take, as it will help prevent against cancer, but the main estrogen in the bi-est (E3) is not aggressive like the other 2 estrogens, which the progesterone helps balance out. Now the estrogens and progesterone found in birth control pills are a whole other story. Sorry if that was confusing, hope it helps.

15. RpH

RpH I'm actually educated

It is more appropriate to say that when that person lost 100 lbs, she inadequately met her nutritional goals which regulated her immune response and this allowed the cancer cells to proliferate.

16. Inatic

how is one nutritional goals in adequately met if they lost weight. She did it healthy.

Might not be cafinated enough atm lol

17. stephm2010

stephm2010 In Motion

I am so interested in this thread. It sucks when trying to be healthy and lose weight that you can get sick from it. I have wondered if that is what caused my fatty liver. I didn't have it before losing weight.

18. Scarl3tbutt3rfly

Scarl3tbutt3rfly Motivated and ready!!

This was interesting. Just studying the cancer and biological effects of cells recently. I would imagine she was probably already susceptible to getting this type of cancer, but that if an estrogen-like compound if it was released from the cells, may have been more of a catalyst to those cells to proliferate, than actually caused it. It is like those with breast cancer that grows and is sensitive to estrogen, that is responsive to anti-estrogen treatment like tamoxifen. But if you were to take unknowingly estrogen supplementation, it would aggravate it, but didn't necessarily cause it. If that makes sense.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, she can't really claim what caused her cancer. As it may have been something she may have ended up with anyway. It is all speculation.

I know for me, as someone who wants and tries to remain lean, taking estrogen just freaks me out :lol: Last time I checked thank goodness, my levels were normal though.

19. RpH

RpH I'm actually educated

Health is like intelligence, it can appear in many different forms. Losing weight doesn't make you healthy, your immune system makes you healthy. While there is a correlation between obesity and lack of health, they are separate. If she got cancer, she was not healthy.
    I respectfully disagree with this. Only around 10% of the people have a genetic predisposition for contracting cancer. What we eat and the environmental influences are what cause us to have cancer. A cancer cell takes anywhere from 5 to 40 years to develop into the disease we call cancer. All of us have cancer cells in our bodies and yet we all don't get cancer. Our immune system processes these abnormal cells and the people that develop cancer have an immune system incapable of doing this. Their immune system is usually incapable because of their diet and heavy metals levels like aluminum, nickel, or cadmium are also usually elevated. The immune system get's over burdened and the cancer cells don't get removed.

20. Scarl3tbutt3rfly

Scarl3tbutt3rfly Motivated and ready!!

Cancer develops because immune mechanisms in our bodies fail to function, but it initiates due to a mutation, which can be spontaneous or genetic. Most cancer is actually multifactoral, meaning yes, an environmental trigger can push someone with the genetic tendencies past their threshold to develop cancer. Therefore she could've been at some risk for this type of cancer, and had the right trigger initiate it (her xenoestrogens for example). That is all I was saying. What is it you specifically disagree with?