Bikini pictures - feedback please!

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by GreekGirl, Dec 4, 2012.

1. GreekGirl

GreekGirl Member

Dear Ladies,
    I will appreciate if you can spare a few minutes for any advice that you can give me.

I am 5'7'' and 126 lbs. In my opinion I don't weigh a lot but it seems that I can't get rid of my saddle bum. I have had the courage to send this pictures to you hoping that these images will not got on the internet! I had my second child 10 months ago and I have been squatting, doing hip thrusts (Bret Contreras style) and deadlifts for all this time and still haven't made the progress I would like to. I have just started a strength building phase using low reps (up to 5 reps) on all major lifts, military press, squats, bench press and deadlifts.

Do you think that I still have to diet to lose more weight to lose the fat around my bottom and do more circuit type of training? I was planning to eat at a surplus +200 on training days and -500 on rest days. Is this the right approach? I know that I can't lose fat when I am at a surplus so I really don't know what I should be doing.

Thank you very much for any advice you might be able to give me. I have included pictures under non favourable light so you can see where I am at.

Attached Files:

2. cdnmom2girls

cdnmom2girls Member

If you've been around here a while you'll know that the number on the scale means very little; it's what's in the mirror that counts.

Lifting while eating at a deficit is to keep the muscle you have, while lifting while eating at a surplus will build muscle. So, if you can't see any progress in terms of more muscle despite lifting heavy, it's probably because you're not eating enough to support muscle growth.

You asked what you should do... It depends on what you want: do you want to get rid of the fat, OR do you want to build muscle? Choose one, then alter your diet accordingly. If your main goal is to lean down, you can't be eating at a surplus one day and at a deficit the next. You need to be eating at a deficit, period.

3. GreekGirl

GreekGirl Member

You are absolutely right. I just have to focus on a deficit, trying to maintain my strength even if it means that I look very skinny, which is what I really wanted to avoid but I can't see any other way round this. Will work on fat loss and then on building muscle. Thank you!

4. Marilyn

Marilyn Member

I'm such a newbie. All of this sounds so foreign to me..deficit....surplus...I know what they been by definition but not how it fits into what I need to do to get fit. The more I read, the more I have no idea where to begin or what to do.

5. Ange

Ange Member

How have things been going for you since this original post?

6. KellyK

KellyK New Member

Yes, do share!

7. GreekGirl

GreekGirl Member

I should, it has changed a bit since I have been working with LBC
    here it is
    BACK.jpg

8. GreekGirl

GreekGirl Member

and from the side
    SIDE.jpg

9. Emma

Emma Member

Check you out!!! Great progress

10. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

Way to go!!! You have definitely made some wonderful progress!! :)

11. KellyK

KellyK New Member

You look great!

12. Wow! I am super excited! I just started my program with Megan and I am so nervous - mostly because I am used to dieting in super low deficit (BAD, I know) and I am certain she and LBC will have me lose fat slow and steady. You look amazing though! What was your timeline? I will definitely be posting profess pics - because I am so looking forward to progress being made.

13. GreekGirl

GreekGirl Member

Hi Jennifer, I am sure with Megan's guidance you will be fine. Don't be nervous, be excited for all these new things you will learn and remember to listen to them. They might carry you on a deficit or more maintenance, trust the process and don't rush it. Depending on where you are now it may take longer than you think (or less!)

The original pictures were posted this time last year (December 2012), 10 months after I had my second baby. I started with LBC July 2013 (had to wait for a while, I could had had another baby!!) and had made good but slow progress until July. Since then the greatest change has taken place in my lower body. I started compliant but then drifted because I had already been dieting before LBC so the change is not spectacular since July.
    So yes, it has been a year's worth of progress (7 months on my own and 5months with LBC) but I am sure there are many other people that have achieved much more than I did during this time.

Good Luck!

14. GreekGirl

GreekGirl Member

Thank you Emma, you are helping me so much with my breakfast!

15. GreekGirl

GreekGirl Member

I wish I would have done better in a year but progress is progress no matter how slow, right?

16. GreekGirl

GreekGirl Member

Thank you Kelly, it is great to hear some nice comments. It has been hard work but very much worth it

17. Ange

Ange Member

:brava: Look how AWESOME you look! You should be very proud of how far you have come! Keep up the good stuff!!!!!!

18. Thank you for your support! You definitely look great! Keep up the good work:)

19. Jetta

Jetta New Member

:yayconfetti:

20. Rugbygirl

Rugbygirl New Member

I suggest to read up on glute exercises and see what the LBC team can do for you. The glutes are the laziest muscle and need attention almost daily. Glute activation exercises will help strengthen them and from there you can build them doing glute bridges, hip thrusts, RDLs, lunges etc. incorporated into your workouts.

Good luck with building those buns of steel!