Biggest pet peeve at the gym?

Discussion in 'Training' started by Scout200, May 27, 2011.

1. Suzanne

Suzanne Member

southeast chandler about as south as you can get sometimes i think i am closer to tuscon than phoenix lol
    near Rigs & south gilbert
    We train at Gold's on Baseline during the week
    on Sat and sun we drive an hr to Metroflex

My husband works up in mesa

2. drea

drea Member

People who train in flip flops and/or jeans - I HATE that! And people who cant control their dumbells/barbells and 'throw' them down on the ground with an earsplitting (and annoying) crash when they are done their set....really, if you can't properly put them down, then they are too heavy for you to be lifting in the first place!

3. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

Saw a first last night. A guy working out in loafers with no socks.

4. mackie

mackie With my hero, Brigitte Gabriel

Yes!!!! That bugs the heck outta me!

5. mackie

Oh my goodness. Who are you and what did you do with Blondell?

:lol:

6. mackie

Sometimes out of necessity is one thing. Sending all weights crashing to the floor is another. I swear, some people seem to think its just a cool thing to do for some reason.

7. drea

drea Member

Exactly! At my gym, I find that most of the people that do this are young teenage guys, who have terrible form when doing any given exercise because they are lifting WAYYYY too much weight, then let 'em drop like they have really accomplished something.........I swear they do it just for attention! lol:lol:

8. drea

drea Member

:lol: Some people wear the funniest things when working out. There are a few regulars at my gym who wear t-shirts, board shorts and sandals....they look like they are dressed for the beach, not lifting weights lol.

9. DeniseT

DeniseT Member

Funny, I live near Gilbert and Brown :) Next time you are coming near Mesa, or north Chandler, maybe we can get together :)

10. Debbie

Debbie Official since 2/15/2012

There's a girl at my gym that ALWAYS works out wearing bright red lipstick, big hair and a pearl choker necklace. I don't know why it bugs me- but I always want to slap her face off! :grrr:

• Like Like x 1
  11. xbikemom

xbikemom Member

People holding on to the front of the treadmill while walking up an incline.

12. mackie

:lol: :lol: :lol:

13. Ashlee30

Ashlee30 Member

AHH!!! This drives me nuts! I have literally stopped my workout to fix this issue. Come on people..put the 35 DB where is says 35lbs! It isn't that hard!

14. Ashlee30

Ashlee30 Member

haha. I saw a girl training the other day in....a belly shirt, daisy duke shorts and PINK faux fur boots!!!!! :wtf: Yes, I took a picture. Nobody would believe me if I didn't!

15. Miss Silly

Miss Silly The Peanut Gallery

Bahahahah whaaaaat??!?

16. CathyK

CathyK New Member

I agree with many that have already been posted...not taking weights off, putting them back into place, etc. I also hate when people (and it's usually women) sit on the machines texting back and forth or having loud, long, detailed conversations with someone on their phones!!!
    Wiping off benches is another pet peeve of mine

17. squatsforlife

squatsforlife New Member

I'm sure it was said previously but biggest pet peeves:

1) people who stack the bar with waaayyyy too much weight and then do quarter reps while grunting/yelling so everyone will look at them lift

2) curls in the squat rack... my gym has 2 power rack and theres always 1 in use for 95lbs barbel curls :angry:

18. kirstny

kirstny Well-Known Member

The guy who lurked behind me doing squats in the squat rack because he wanted to do bicep curls there because "they make me look cool."
    :blink:

19. missmarce

missmarce Go Ducks!

The guy who sits on the machine during his rest break and REFUSES to let me work in because he doesnt want to "lose his pump" while I do my set.

20. Erik

Erik Admin

He said no?