Best PWO carb choices

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by abercrombie3f, Oct 8, 2006.

1. christie

christie Senior Member

chocolate chip bagels are my fav :ninja2:

2. AugustGirl

AugustGirl Member

:lol: I know! Can you tell I love bagels?

but to answer your question, I don't like many of their flavors - everything, cranberry-orange, garlic, jalepeno, onion, rosemary olive oil, salt, sundried tomato, and cinnamon sugar.

There are more flavors I don't like than flavors I do, but boy do I really love the ones I love :lol:

Too bad I almost never let myself eat them :(

3. absolut_blonde

absolut_blonde Procrastinatrix

I like cinnamon raisin bagels and everything bagels. Just depends if I am in the mood for something sweet or savory.

I'm not too picky about brand (I am just happy I'm not eating ricecakes; kind of burnt out on those). I think I get Dempster's usually, b/c they come pre-cut which is convenient since I usually toast them from frozen.

4. AugustGirl

AugustGirl Member

it's funny because I refuse to eat bagels that are sliced. Just won't do it :lol:
    I only eat mine plain (nothing on it), whole, and either not toasted (just slightly warmed) or verrrry lightly toasted. I like to pick apart my bagel when eating it and the slice totally ruins that for me. I sound crazy, I know! :lol:

5. jackieleigh

jackieleigh is back at it ;)

Oh yeah, Paneras has GREAT bagles :drool:

Who makes chocolate chip ones?

6. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

I can't eat bagels anymore. They bloat me up like crazy. :(

7. AugustGirl

AugustGirl Member

:ditto:

8. abercrombie3f

abercrombie3f Member

all of you who responded, do you all eat the bagels PWO only or other times too??

9. Numb One

Numb One New Member

I hardly ever have bagels PWO just because I like cereal better. I usually have bagels for refeed purposes.

10. abercrombie3f

abercrombie3f Member

I'm a cereal fan myself--do you eat kiddie cereal PWO?

11. christie

christie Senior Member

Great Canadian Bagel :lol3:

I eat bagels...or ATE bagels on refeeds. :eek:

12. Numb One

Numb One New Member

:) Honeycombs mostly, sometimes Cookie Crisp.

13. abercrombie3f

abercrombie3f Member

14. char-dawg

char-dawg Mr. Observant

Yeah, you're right. Don't know what I was thinking there...

[Slaps self on forehead]

15. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

:doh:

16. Espi

Espi perfumes, not chocolate!

Fructose can both be a good and a bad thing. Good because you're not getting an insulin response and it will treacle down the blood stream as glucose when you need it. Bad if you are desperate for that insulin response.
    Otherwise I really prefer filling up liver glycogen first as liver glycogen can both fuel the brain and the muscles, but muscle glycogen will never fuel the brain.
    Besides, a fed brain is a happy brain. A happy brain is NOT hungry and isn't foggy.

Really, I've tried nearly everything under the sun and a combo of fructose with glucocse , either separate or combined as sucrose works best for me. Only problem is that you need to time it properly: viz. no post-workout intake but pre- and during WO intake.

17. abercrombie3f

abercrombie3f Member

got me some lender's blueberry and cinnamon raisin bagels--had the blueberry yesterday!! DELISH!