Been lurking, but thought id say hello

Discussion in 'Competitors Corner' started by liz jennings, Feb 27, 2013.

1. liz jennings

liz jennings New Member

Hello!

I found lbc through siouxcountry last year and have been lurking on fb and the board for some time.

I'm a bb, in prep for my second competition. I'm 40 yo, 5'9, 10 weeks out, 169lbs. I've adopted some lcb diet advice into my prep this year, and I gotta tell you: I am not miserable on this prep!!! How fun is it to be able to eat a skinny cow ice cream sandwich pwo??? Eek!!!! That's just the tip of the iceberg. I've learned so much here!

Another bb at my gym is about 7 weeks out from his show. He looks miserable. His coach is only allowing him to eat fish and chicken from now until his show. No sauces, no spices. Nothing. His life must suck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

2. lesliemirinda

lesliemirinda Member

Hello and welcome! I am also a BB!!!!!!!!!! There are not many of us! Glad to have your here :) Where do you live? What show?

3. liz jennings

liz jennings New Member

Hiiiii!!! I live in pa. Doing the Pittsburgh show in may. :)

4. tracy1926

tracy1926 New Member

What were the biggest changes you made to your diet?

5. stephm2010

stephm2010 In Motion

Welcome! Glad your not in diet prison :shakeithappy:

6. liz jennings

liz jennings New Member

Honestly, the skinny cow thing was the most enlightening part!!! Lol. And the recipes that are on this board are so helpful too. I now know that I'm not limited to bland crap.

Perhaps the biggest change wasn't as much diet as it was cardio. Last year I think I did too much and ended up losing too much muscle. I'm still learning how to control calories so I don't have to do as much cardio, but I'm not quite there just yet! This will all come with trial and error. I hope. Haha!! :)

7. abelitski

abelitski New Member

Weclome!!

8. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

9. Amber.nicole

Amber.nicole Member

:wave: Welcome!!

10. LoriZ

LoriZ Member

I live in Pgh! Did that show the last 3 years. Not doing it this year because they took away fitness which is what I do. I'll probably still go to watch because it's a good show. Enjoy prepping and good luck!

11. liz jennings

liz jennings New Member

My husband is from Pittsburgh!!! I did the Pitts last year too; placed horribly, but it was my first show, so I wasn't that upset. Well, initially, I was pissed off. Lol. But I was done being pissed by the end of the night.

12. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

Hello there and welcome!!

13. Oduwe

Oduwe Member

I would like to implement these changes to my diet.