Any one miss 'Normal' food

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by MichelleS, Aug 10, 2007.

1. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

okay i was think i miss food in general. i would just like to cook my normal dinner and not measure it out and have a mini plate to not make my tummy think its starving. any one just to hell with all this I want to eat like others.

2. Gary

Gary Well-Known Member

Isn't that what a free meal is for?

3. chelleashley

chelleashley Banned

:eek:verhere:

Been feeling like that all week and unfortunately have been listening to that little voice...:sadface:

4. MichelleS

NO i'm talking about just not caring how much you put in your mouth all the time(weighing not bingeing). not cutting and eating cold ass plain chicken all the time. like i want lucky charms for breaky and not oats.

5. Gary

Gary Well-Known Member

What's stopping you?

6. jessatthegym

jessatthegym is building hyoooge muskles.

you want the food or you want the body. it's kind of simple.

• Like Like x 3
  7. MichelleS

competitions

8. MichelleS

this comment is what makes it so hard mentaly. i don't know if the people that say it have really ever been there in the middle of a binge and just never wanted to quit eating the food they have wanted. the ones that say this in the past seem to not be the one with the issues with food.

doesn't the body ever just say NO i don;'t want shakes and chicken and rice anymore.

9. Gary

Gary Well-Known Member

No. But the mind might.

10. jessatthegym

jessatthegym is building hyoooge muskles.

I've been there with the binge-ing. I didn't even realize I HAD food issues until i started competing, but what it comes down to is a matter of what is stronger- your body or your mind.

I have massive food issues and choosing to compete has really only made them more pronounced. But, I CHOOSE to compete. No one is forcing me to choke down the chicken and broccoli and shakes. When all is said and done, it is a CHOICE.

11. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

I have no interest in doing physique comps, but that doesn't mean I want to eat "normal" food.

I view food primarily as fuel now and feeding my body nutritious food to fuel my workouts is far more important to me than the momentary pleasure eating pizza and pastries would give me.

12. MichelleS

when i eat PP i get sick, when i eat tuna i get sick, when i eat chicken guess what I GET SICK and its not mental I get nauseated and my mouth gets all watery and metal tasting then what ever it is my stomah turns and the digestive track goes on strike.

13. cejk

cejk Senior Member

:hug: You are making me sad for you.. not in a pity way.. just I soo hear it in alot of what you post. Girlie- you need a break. A break from all this dieting, workin out, comp prep, just all of it. Yes you want to do these competitions- but at what cost? Feeling miserable about yourself? Feeling out of complete control? I know I dont know you, and only mean the best by this. But I think if you were to ask people on here to be completely honest in what they thought was the best thing for you- not these competitions- but for you.. they would say-take a break. Learn to enjoy life again. Learn to not obsess about something that really doesnt = happiness...well, just my two cents...

• Like Like x 6
  14. Gary

Gary Well-Known Member

Then how do you do it at all?

15. MichelleS

I don't really want pizza and pastries i just what to have pasta and bean that are not green

16. MichelleS

lots of maylox

17. Gary

Gary Well-Known Member

I love pasta, but now if I eat it I last about 20 minutes before it's nap time!

18. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

:ditto:

19. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

Can these foods not be worked into your plan in moderate quantities once a week?

20. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

If I eat pasta you have to tie a string around my ankle to stop me from floating away. :shock: