Any NEW moms to be or TTC?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Pregnancy' started by Fitnesschic, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Fitnesschic

Fitnesschic New Member

Hi all... it looks like a lot of these posts in this section are from quite a while back. I'm in my first "phase" as I call it in my "prep" for starting to "try" to get prego for the first time...(and at 38 probably ONLY time! ha ha)
    So, I just quit the BC, and I'm working on getting a little closer to my normal "off season" and healthier weight after a contest rebound. Then should start the actual "trying" at the beginning of the year. Anyone else in the stages leading up to? Would love to have some more people in this phase for support and nervous banter!:oops:

2. Carolyn

Carolyn Well-Known Member

Hi :wave:

I just gave birth 10 weeks ago to little girl. It took us about two full months actively trying. I made sure to follow my cycle on fertilityfriend.com, temping, and the month we conceived I was using a clear blue fertility monitor. I have ZERO patience and was sick of wondering when I was actually ovulating. It's expensive but peace of mind is priceless!

Prior to conceiving I wasn't dieting and was just at maintenance for a while and was at a healthy weight. TTC can be so stressful and mind consuming so just try to enjoy it. Time goes by way too fast! Any questions just let me know :)

3. NCKate

NCKate New Member

Hey Fitnesschic- I quit BC in April and have been "trying" for the last 6 months. I've had irregular (and then a complete loss) periods so I'm working on a muscle building phase right now- increasing fat and cals and hoping that will help balance out my hormones and cycle. I'd love to hear how things are going for you- support and nervous banter! ;) It can certainly be frustrating at times!!

4. DiamondS

DiamondS Member

Hello! I just found out I'm pregnant. I'm estimated about 9 wk...scheduled for my first appt Oct 31! This will be my second...I've been sick for the past 2 weeks...havnt been able to workout very much. And not liking the feeling! How soon did you all start showing with the second pregnancy? I feel I have a pooch already! And just feell yucky. Its an unexpected preg and has been hard the last 2 weeks but we will be ok! Just wanted to sayhello

5. Erik

Erik Admin

Congratulations!!

6. DiamondS

DiamondS Member

Thank You, Erik!

7. DiamondS

DiamondS Member

Give me 9 months Erik and we are back on the stage train! I'm overly excited to prep with you!

8. Amy

Amy Just say no to CANDY!!!

Congratulations!!

I showed sooner with my second and third pregnancy, but not much. The thing I noticed with my second and third is feeling movement/fluttering sooner than with my first. I think the reason that we know sort of what to expect to feel.

Good luck with your pregnancy!!

9. Fitnesschic

Fitnesschic New Member

Glad to see a couple new posts! I am back stalking here, as I never really got going on the weight loss portion of this preparation! I HAVE been off the BC for 3 months now, and actually relatively regular, and learning to count my days and figure out ovulation timing. I do however, must say that I cant believe that little tiny pill can save you from all this pain an agony of a period! Holy cow, obviously had forgotten what "all that" was about! :)
    So, I'm writing out my plan this weekend, and back to get this weight loss in so I feel better about getting pregnant in the long run......
    We have no real rush or time frame, so I'm thinking about finding a late winter, early spring show, maybe March to do as a goal to get there. But I'm about 40 lbs off of my normal show look, after yet another show yo-yo :(
    All in all, I feel pretty good, not worrying too much about "having" to try, just going to try and enjoy the ride! Hope to see more peoples stories!
    K~

10. DiamondS

DiamondS Member

Just wanted to say hello! Do you compete in fitness? I noticed your name so was wondering :) always good to chat with fellow fitness girls. Hope this time is wonderful and exciting for you. I'm due june 1..so much time to go and already wanting to be on stage. Take care!

11. Laura

Laura Member

Peaking in...

We are TTC. I went off the pill this summer.

12. LisaP

LisaP Member

8 weeks pregnant here!! Number 4 for me. Trying to keep the weight in check and continue to workout for as long as possible, although the nausea has just begun and that makes it difficult. Good luck everyone!

13. Kris1

Kris1 Member

We are TTC but I figured I might as well get as fit as possible in the meantime until it happens. On Day 1 with Amy today! I figure I can't lose...either I get in amazing shape or she guides me through a super fit pregnancy! :)

14. Kris1

Kris1 Member

And Post #10!!!!