All About Disordered Eating

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by Erik, Sep 18, 2009.

1. BigDog

BigDog Well-Known Member

Gnat!!! I've missed you, girl. I will be checking this out. Thanks to Ileen for steering your post in my direction.

2. arista

arista exactly where i'm meant to be!

these are the names of the books my therapist sent me. not sure if they are listed in any of the threads and frankly i'm too lazy to search and see :lol3:

they are:
    -anatomy of a food addiction: the brain chemistry of overeating.
    author: anne katherine

(just started this one this afternoon and am finding it VERY interesting. lots of self evaluation and actual exercises and assignments to do)

-why can't i stop eating? recognizing, understanding and overcoming food addiction
    authors: debbie danowski and pedro lazaro

(haven't started this one yet)

-when food is love: exploring the relationship between eating and intimacy
    author: geneen roth

(started this one last night...the author suffered from binging and so this one reads more like a narrative vs. a self help type book. this is the one i had several a ha moments with already)

3. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

from this thread:
    http://www.leanbodiesfitness.com/showthread.php?p=1194511

4. fluteangel

fluteangel Well-Known Member

Just finally getting over BED myself and coming through it, I can say therapy helped, but honestly, Genneen Roth's books helped more.

I've got 5 of them and the ones I've read so far that have helped the most are
    "Breaking Free From Emotional Eating" - that was the main one, especially since it took a long time to realize I was eating emotionally.

and "Appetites" - which helps us focus on what are the actually underlying causes of binging -what are you trying NOT to deal with? What do you REALLY want?

Wonderful stuff and I highly recommend it.

5. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

6. Sandy

Sandy Well-Known Member

7. tiffany

tiffany New Member

I can relate to all of these at different periods of stress in my life... thanks for the post.

8. 2bflawless

2bflawless Member

Thanks for posting.

9. Razy

Razy New Member

Awesome post!