Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Competitors Corner' started by jmdfit, Feb 17, 2013.

1. jmdfit

jmdfit New Member

Im in contest prep right now, about 7 weeks out from my first bikini show, and an expensive photoshoot. After stumbling upon LBC/CWT on FB, LBCs website, and this forum a few weeks ago, I began to read a bit and I seriously began to doubt the coach I chose to work with. Coach is trained/dieted by one of the "best" in the fitness industry, and told me I'd be getting that kind of quality in my training/diet. They told me that the way they would prep me would not do any damage to my body. I started prepping 15 weeks out, at 114lbs at 5'0 and a half. Things seemed to go smoothly, until week after week, things got cut on my plan, variety got cut, and cardio was added. So at 8 weeks out, I am 107lbs and this is my current plan. 1304 cals, 64g carb, 31g fat, and 189g protein, with 5 days of weight training, and 6 days of an hour and a half of cardio. I know that each week my variety of food will continue to get cut, cals will continue to drop(im guessing from fat or carb) and more cardio will be added. I dont have time to do that much cardio and I really am lacking in energy. I emailed my coach and they said that it is normal to feel like this when prepping for a show, and to just increase my caffeine intake and increase the amount of preworkout I take.. :suicide:

I have completely lost all faith in my coach and have made the decision to stop working with them before I do some serious damage to my body in the next 7 weeks. I feel hurt and lied to. I'm big on setting goals, and having a focus. I feel much more motivated when I have a goal in mind. It is just really frustrating and really sucks to be sooo extremely excited for something and have a goal to work towards, just to be disappointed by someone that you put so much trust in. I just feel so unmotivated.

So I am here to ask some advice!!(since I am now on the waiting list, but I know that it is an extremely long wait). I already spent a lot of money on that coach, and have looked around for coaches in my area that would sanely prep me but havent found anyone. I am on the fence between dieting myself for the show or just doing the photoshoot that I paid alot of money for..

Right now, I have general idea of what I would do for a plan for myself based on some of the stuff I have read. My eating would be based off having more carbs on my training days and more fats on my non training days.
    training day
    107x12bw=1284cals
    139g protein
    139g carb
    19g fat

nontraining day
    1284cals
    139g protein
    100g carb
    36.5g fat

For training, 4 day split
    mon: AM: quad dominant, PM: 15 min HIIT
    tues: AM: horizontal(push/pull) upper
    wed: 30 min SS? or REST
    thurs: AM: hip dominant, PM: 15 min HIIT
    fri: AM: vertical(push/pull) upper
    sat: 30 min Ab circuit or bb complex
    sun: REST

How does this look? Has anyone ever dieted themselves for a show/photoshoot and have any pointers? Any input about going lower than 100g carb on nontraining days? Also, on training days where I do weights in the morning, should I only be having carbs around my workout(pre, post, and 1 meal after that) and taper them as the day goes on? Sorry for such a long post, I needed to vent a little. Thanks in advance for any critique or input, its greatly appreciated.

2. AmyLevinger

AmyLevinger New Member

Um... all looks very familiar to me when I started. Only I am 5 foot 10! are you in Oregon or under an "ODDO's Angel coach by any chance along the west coast?" The answer doesn't even matter but all I can say is that you are into this show like I was in mine with the same questions and chose not to back out. Here is the ultimate truth though. This type of nutrition ( the one the coach had you upping the cardio and caffeine etc) is outdated and yields rebounds. Ugh...I wish I could go back and hug my adrenals for doing this stuff to myself. Sure! up the thermos...lower the carbs...up the cardio!! these people should start being ticketed for this shiz. It is really harmful to people. You can drop the show and pay the metabolic piper now...( there is always another show I just wasn't thinking it was ok to drop a show when I was a new competitor) or do the show on your own and pay the metabolic piper later if you stay on the same game plan the first coach gave you. The nutrition you typed below...I have no idea what that would do for you if you were on the previous nutrition/ex plan at length by the coach you lost faith in for good reason etc. But your innate sense of questioning your coach is correct. The choice will be yours. I went through the shows and even stayed on chasing the rebound with my coach's very busted answer which was to keep dieting the same way. I am glad you found LBC....and when you do get away from this....there is another way and it is way healthier. But the longer you stay on the low carb high cardio crack....the worse. I would definitely ask an LBC coach directly what they think of you staying on the old nutrition to do the show or taking a stab at new nutrition from piecing it together off the forum/page on your own. Your above experience, I went through too and I am glad you sensed it wasn't healthy for you. I was on a big team and watched countless others go through the emotional and psychological effects after with rebounds etc.. Your body and mind are telling you something. It is the truth. Best wishes and I hope if you do the show and the shoot that your recovery goes well. And of course if you are on the waitlist you will get good personal nutrition for your goals. You will look better on stage day too. No doubt. Glutes, quads, and hamstrings (the stuff bikini champions are made of) hate your previous coach's nutrition and ex approach. If I could go back I would have dropped the shows when I started feeling my body rejected and just waited. My personal perspective hindsight.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  3. jmdfit

jmdfit New Member

Thanks for that Amy! Im from Canada. So weird that you mentioned that.. my coach gets all her comp nutrition/training from Kim Oddo

4. AmyLevinger

AmyLevinger New Member

Yap. I could tell. Well I am glad you found LBC girl. I had to go down that path before finding Erik and this forum but I wish you all the best in your journey.