Achievement.

Discussion in 'Mindless Banter' started by Erik, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Erik

Erik Admin

What’s the common denominator among those who achieve the lofty goals they set for themselves, be it in strength training or athletics, fat loss, etc.?

Or extend it to anything in life worth achieving ...

What separates them from the rest?

2. Steve

Steve Whatever

Relentless desire. The ability to set their sites on something, and no matter how many setbacks arise, they still persevere and move forward.

I think it has a lot to do with state of mind, more-so than individual personality. Meaning, I think it is a mindset that pretty much anyone can create.

3. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

The willingness to fail and try again is a big factor IMO. One has to be driven and determined to do whatever it takes to reach their goal. It also takes suffering, at times, to achieve a particular goal. Sometimes you have to be willing to let go of one thing that you care for/love to get another.

4. liberty

liberty Active Member

Persistance, the average give up, the persistant eventually reach their goal!
    C

5. healthnut

healthnut Member

Persistence, drive, and the desire to win at all costs.

6. bubblebooty

bubblebooty Ms. Figure Olympia, 2025

for me it's desire, like Steve said. i get it in my head that i want something and i do it and i get what i want. i never go into anything thinking i will fail -- i WIlLL fail in that case.

7. Meadows

Meadows misses her dad

I think passion plays a huge role. My dad also told me growing up "you are only limited by the level of your own tenacity".

I think a fundamental belief in yourself is hugely important. By that I mean a belief that YOU can achieve anything with hard work, determination, and time. I think people are often limited by thinking they are weak, not smart, not good enough, not worthy, incapable, not attractive enough, and so on.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  8. Ecala

Ecala Banned

Persistence.

9. Lynny

Lynny I like me.

Good thread.... I think all of these are very good points. Steve- I totally agree with that.

10. Steve

Steve Whatever

What creates persistence?

11. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

I think focus and single-minded determination are essential.

Also, you can't let anyone, including yourself, or anything stand in your way of getting what you want.

12. Nana

Nana Rockin' teh bangs

focus and drive perhaps

13. Meadows

Meadows misses her dad

I think partly it is the confidence that if you keep trying it can happen, that given time and determination you can make it happen.

14. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

desire

15. Steve

Steve Whatever

I would answer my own question with: Belief.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Meadows

Meadows misses her dad

:yeahthat: if you are meaning belief in yourself and your ability to achieve your goals...

17. Steve

Steve Whatever

Certainly am Meadows. :)

18. Rumbach

Rumbach Member

Being able to define something as "better" than something else. Its all relative. Is fat loss an achievement? Or a big salary? Or well-adjusted children? Everyone achieves in their own way.

19. Nana

Nana Rockin' teh bangs

I think it takes determination, focus, drive and self discipline, passion and belief in oneself to reach your goals.

I think that what holds a lot of people back in their goals is fear.

Fear of failing, fear of succeeding, fear of the unknown. Some fears are conscious some are unconscious. Fears cause self sabotage. Learning to grab hold of those fears and change that energy and channel it to help you in your quest for your goals instead of hinder you is a big step to attainin success I think...

20. Steve

Steve Whatever

Of course it is. Success is a very personal thing. What I deem as a success may be a failure to you. I think this idea was kept in perspective in the thread.