50 exercises you can do with bands.. Neat.

Discussion in 'Training' started by Inatic, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Amy

Amy Just say no to CANDY!!!

craigslist :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Erik

Erik Admin

I've looked at the TO's version since it has the higher tension orange bands.

How do you use them? I see they have the clips and a door anchor. But I take it you'd need an 'anywhere' anchors to use them around a power rack? Actually now that I think about it, I can probably use the straps of my Predators to anchor them to the power rack.

I'm buying these. These look very versatile. And you can get up to over 120lbs of tension PER SIDE.

3. Sohee

Sohee working on the bikini body

Cool!!

4. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

so if you had to choose, which would it be these or the Predators?

5. Erik

Erik Admin

I don't have the Bodylastics ones yet (am purchasing), so I can't comment yet.

6. mini-muscles

mini-muscles Member

Yeah, the TO's are probably better for a non-mini-person!

On the Abel board, they recommend putting hooks in the wall, but I just loop them around some pull-up bars in my home gym (the way I would any band) or use the door anchor for a higher or lower angle. (It's a nice thick door anchor, too, not those anemic ones some other companies use.) Your Predator straps should work fine or you could use a carabiner and some webbing if you wanted to get fancier.

The clips just make it so versatile. You can very quickly add or delete resistance or change handle set-ups, which makes it especially great for conditioning circuits. I also use them for some supplemental core, back, shoulder and glute/ham work. I started using bands years ago to rehab a torn rotator cuff, and still keep finding new things to do with them.

(For example, check out the "#4 Band Tabata" sequence here. Looks simple, turns out to be killer.

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_...six_new_tabata_workouts_for_fast_fat_loss&cr=

)

I'll be very curious to hear what you think about them.

7. Inatic

no dont look lol!!
    :headhurt:
    :baby:
    he doesnt need any more ideas on how to kill us :lol:

8. Cathie

Cathie I have SFP :mecry:

:funny:

See Ileen, that's why you do NOT buy the bands. :lol3:

9. Inatic

:bump:

was searching for this thread and had a good lol. Good info re the bands/exercises.