4 day upper/lower split

Discussion in 'Training' started by Leah, Jul 12, 2006.

1. keneth

keneth Banned

That's my weekly routine of my workout, Chest, shoulder and arms is my favorite. I use to go for 6 days a week for workout I use to do barbell and chin ups. I use to do more but it is not possible for me to share more information here.

2. MargotA

MargotA Member

Awesome info, thanks!

3. runnerstilskin

runnerstilskin Member

Top secret workout?

4. tracy1926

tracy1926 New Member

Tremendously helpful. I do the four day split but I take two days off in between upper & lower body parts. Would that be considered a 6 day split?

5. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

its still a 4 day.

6. Doyle

Doyle New Member

I like the idea of this, but was wondering how I may go about incorporation a shoulder specialization into this - my medial delts are weak and puny!

7. k8peezee

k8peezee New Member

this has all made me realize how much money I have spent on not awesome trainers. High five to free help on this!

8. ilovegreg05

ilovegreg05 New Member

What I would do, is make delt movements a priority over other pressing movements. Then add some sort of finisher for your delts at the end of the workout, like a high rep seated side raise or some iso of the sort.

This is just what I have off the top of my head, Erik has special things he likes to do with shoulders and backs so maybe he will chime in too!

9. MissMeghan702

MissMeghan702 New Member

Can anyone post a sample routine for the below split? For a somewhat beginner/intermediate. Ive read through all the comments, and unless I overlooked it - still having trouble putting together a proper routine. Any way to do this and hit the muscle groups twice a week instead of once? Or is that unnecessary?

day 1 - upper horizontal push/pull (chest pressing & back rows)
    day 2 - lower quad dominant (squats)
    day 3 - upper vertical push/pull (shoulder pressing & lat pull variations)
    day 4 - lower hip dominant (deadlifts)

How many days should I work calves/abs?

10. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

there were examples in the very first post.

11. MissMeghan702

MissMeghan702 New Member

Hmmm... Well I've read and re-read it a few times and it seems the examples were of the third split, which was divided more into both heavy and light days. So I guess I'm mostly confused about specfically which exercises will complete this routine, and of those which are most appropriate to lift heavy on, say 5x5 or 4x6, so on.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013