Discussion in 'Mindless Banter' started by Belle, Jan 6, 2011.
I have never been drunk.
I have never smoked or tried drugs.
I worked in a cemetery for a couple summers while in university.
I always wanted a third child.
I keep my spices in alphabetical order. :thumb: (And so should everyone else. :lol
I had a few quiet work days in the fall and used some time to walk the grocery store and create a tick-off grocery list organized by grocery aisle. :sad:
I taught myself not to be ticklish to survive childhood.
I had a horrible habit of requiring hospitalization before or during a childhood vacation due to illness.
I would have liked a home birth should I have had a third pregnancy.
I am extremely jumpy at even a slightly scary scene in a movie. :baby:
I am totally touching your nose next time I see you.
I'm not looking back to see what I posted when we had this thread before so sorry if you already know
1. I love the water and must live near the coast.
2. I hate the color pink.
3. I love roller coasters. In fact, I've gone as far to bribe my kids to go on with me when we were at the top and they were chickening out.
4. I've had sex in the middle of a parking lot knowing full well they had video cameras ..... more than once.
5. I hate to walk around barefoot.
6. The toilet paper must come over the top and I will turn it around even if I'm at a friend's house.
7. I hate cooked fruit.
8. I love to dance.
9. Looking from the foot of the bed, I must sleep on the left side.
10. I pierced my belly button and then took it out 3 days later.
I am the exact same! :thumb:
You have # 6 all wrong. :sad:
I am so surprised about #7. I never knew. :laugh:
LOL! I'm the exact same way!!! Same with my alarm clock too-- I have to have it set for 6:03, :17, :28, :43, or :53. OCD?! hahahaha
Even numbers make me uncomfortable!
I'm coming to your house just to turn your toilet paper around the RIGHT way. :lol3:
I am sooo just the opposite....odd numbers just seem 'off' to me!!:shrug:
You go girl! oledance:
1. All bills in my wallet must face the same direction and I can't leave the house with an odd denomination of cash. I take a dollar away to make it even before leaving if I need to.
2. I have a huge crush on Adam Richman from Man vs. Food
3. My last meal of every day is 2 teaspoons natural peanut butter warmed in the microwave and mixed with 4 oz of plain Greek yogurt.
4. I love, love, love the Hotel Del Coronado on Coronado Island, CA. Every time I am sent to San Diego I stay an extra day and rent a bike at the ferry landing and visit. ( I volunteer for any / all trips to California that come up on the travel roster)
5. I can't watch Family Guy anymore, my ex-husband used to watch it non-stop and I got sick of hearing the theme song.
6. I love White Buffalo (American Bison) and bats. I think they are beautiful and misunderstood animals.
7. I cried while hiking through the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs because it was so beautiful.
8. I cry at the drop of a hat - see point #7.
9. I was the first person to feed, change and hold my nephew Aiden for any significant length of time the morning he was born. Those 90 minutes while my sister was passed out before Mom got to the hospital remain the most thrilling of my life.
10. My favorite candy is Mrs. See's Vanilla Lollipops.
I adore this thread
1. When I was five, I skinned the entirety of my right leg falling and skidding down a path at Blenheim Palace. I yelled so much I lost my voice. Not quite as exciting as the other Blenheim Palace story here though
2. I hate things made from wicker. They make me irrationally angry.
3. I am in no way squeamish about meat, and feel that if one is going to eat meat, one ought to appreciate and understand where it comes from and how it gets to your plate.
4. I'm not an ambivalent person. When I like things, I love them. When I don't like things, I try to ensure that I never encounter them in my life.
5. I like cleaning large expanses of anything. Stone, patios, carpets, kitchens, bathrooms. I like to start at one end and work around and stand back and see something being clean and tidy. I am happy to clean kitchens of friends when visiting them if left to my own devices for a while in their home (this may be why my dear Swedish friend is so willing to put me up at the drop of a hat )
6. I love public speaking. I aspire to be paid to talk.
7. I love fashion. Designers, clothing cuts, fabrics, silhouettes fascinate me; I read magazines and browse Net-A-Porter obsessively, but I almost never talk about or share this passion with anyone. Certainly I don't think I look like someone that loves fashion :funny:
8. I've cut my own hair for the last ten years. I cannot justify paying others to do it, nor, it seems, can I ever adequately explain what I'd like them to do.
9. The thing that surprises me most about growing older is the shifting perspective I have of time and history.
10. I am thoroughly in love with Jonathan Rhys Meyers' version of Henry VIII in The Tudors, but very keen to get past the bit where he offs Anne Boleyn, as, both as an historical figure and on screen in any incarnation, she makes me nauseous.
talk about myself? Oh gosh are you sure you don't want eleventy billion things? because I am my favorite topic.
1. I used to be morbidly obese
2. I have been sober since March 2, 2007
3. Astrology is part of my Religion
4. I have a pet bunny rabbit (Cage free house bunny)
5. I HATE LOATH DESPISE Beans. *vomit*
6. I once had sex in a tree in the Berkeley Marina (and it was good)
7. The "love of my life" guy died.
8. I learned to read before kindergarden and didn't have a television in our house until third grade. STILL LOVE TO READ
9. I have never been pregant and think I never will be
10. I have been friends with my BFF for over 25 years
#6 I totally want to rep you for that :funny:
#9 - me, too
6. DO NOT GIVE UP ON THIS PURSUE IT!
10. REALLY!? Even in the Philipa Gregory Books?
:hug: I definitely intend to...writing first, though, perhaps. That's where my heart is, and I'm only just coming around to believe that I'm ready to get on with it! And then maybe people will be interested in what I might have to say!
Yep, in all things (I've only read a couple of her books, but they at least seem to have the measure of most of the things I don't like of her!). There seems to be this idea, particularly with younger people here at least, that she was some amazing, independent, powerful woman in her own right, but I've never learned anything to suggest she was anything other than a well-educated, manipulated, mouthpiece for her scheming and unpleasant family. Same, but less extreme, to Catherine Howard, at that. There's a lot of over-romanticising of Anne Boleyn here; it rather annoys me that she's the only wife most people can name...
DO READ The Other Boleyn Girl.
Anne was used like Catherine but she was no ninny headed twit.
I have indeed read that and the Boleyn Inheritance, I think. Fine reads, both...just seen there are others that I might have to pick up! She wasn't stupid, certainly, but I don't think she was iconic, or, indeed, someone worth celebrating in quite the way some people seem to! The nice thing about watching The Tudors is that it's suddenly reminded me of so, so much stuff I used to know that's kind of slipped from my brain a little over the last ten years (I grew up down the road from Hampton Court, so it was all kind of inbuilt when I was younger that one ought to be interested in such things!)...I need to get Kindle-shopping...